[comp.databases] Clipper 5.0 Problems

jgb@prism.gatech.EDU (James G. Baker) (10/05/90)

OK, I just got my Clipper 5.0 and put it on my machine.  I looked around
at the sample files, trying to get *something*, *anything* to compile.
The manual said that DBU.EXE was in the BIN directory but it was not.  I
tried a RMAKE ODEMO2 in the SAMPLE directory and got some warning about
using Clipper '87 ERRORSYS.  It thrashed around for a couple more seconds
and then said that the file (*.OBJ?) was not Clipper 5.0 format, and that
no .EXE could be made (a slight problem!).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

--
BAKER,JAMES G - Lab Technician, School of Electrical Engineering
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!jgb

jgb@prism.gatech.EDU (James G. Baker) (10/06/90)

In article <14542@hydra.gatech.EDU> jgb@prism.gatech.EDU (James G. Baker) writes:
>OK, I just got my Clipper 5.0 and put it on my machine.  I looked around
>at the sample files, trying to get *something*, *anything* to compile.

Nantucket actually called me back and mentioned two problems:
   1) A minimum of 523K RAM is needed to truly install the "full" system
   2) Dos APPEND causes all sorts of problems both during install and
      during compile and link time.
It was suggested to blow away *any* TSR's, etc while installing Clipper 5.0.

My problems, for now, are solved.