[comp.databases] Postgres on Sun4/SunOS4.1

lwk@caen.engin.umich.edu (Woody Kellum) (11/05/90)

Newsgroups: comp.databases
Subject: Postgres install on Sun4 running SunOS4.1
I'm trying to install postgres on a Sun4 running SunOS4.1.
Can someone who's done this give me some hints? It's not
going very well. Seems that the dynamic loading part is
giving me grief. Thanks

   - Woody

--
Woody Kellum   Internet:  lwk@caen.engin.umich.edu

kemnitz@gaia.berkeley.edu (Greg Kemnitz) (11/05/90)

>I'm trying to install postgres on a Sun4 running SunOS4.1.
>Can someone who's done this give me some hints? It's not
>going very well. Seems that the dynamic loading part is
>giving me grief. Thanks

Get the new version of Postgres (version 2.01) using anonymous FTP from
postgres.berkeley.edu.  It has a fully functional SunOS 4.0 (and higher)
Sparc port including the dynamic loader.

>   - Woody
>--
>Woody Kellum   Internet:  lwk@caen.engin.umich.edu

Greg Kemnitz                  |      "I ran out of the room - I
Postgres Chief Programmer     |      didn't want to be killed by a pile
278 Cory Hall, UCB            |      of VMS manuals" :-)
(415) 642-7520                |
kemnitz@postgres.berkeley.edu |      --A friend at DEC Palo Alto in the Quake