uunet!melpar!rich

From uunet!mrj!durham Sat Nov 10 02:58:05 1990
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 90 08:54:24 EST
From: uunet!mrj!durham (bernard durham)
Apparently-To: uunet!melpar!rich

Multi-platform RDBMS Development

I have a task to configure multiple databases in a client server, standalone,
or distributed configuration. I am trying to evaluate the following products
INGRES, SYSBASE, ORACLE, INFORMIX, and EMPRESS. It is also important to note
that more than one database product may be run on server.

If you have used any of the following machines/operating systems with the above
products please relay any experiences.

Clients					Servers
DecStation 5000/Ultrix 		        Vax 9000/Ultrix
Next/Mach				Vax 6000/Ultrix
Sun Sparc 1+ /Sun O.S 4.1               Sun Sparc 1+ /Sun O.S.  4.1
IBM-PC AT/DOS				Next/Mach
IBM-PS2/AIX/OS2
Macintosh

All machines must be capable of operating in a standalone configuration.

Please respond to uunet!mrj!durham as I am not a member of comp.databases.

Thank You