[comp.databases] Object Oriented Databases

ctl@druco.ATT.COM (Catherine T. Lo) (02/15/89)

Re the discussion about object oriented databases: could somebody give
a couple of examples?

Do the window classes in MS/Windows fall into the category of object
oriented database or object oriented programming?

(If the examples were NOT the classic 'employee' record type it would
be more interesting!)
Thanks,

Catherine Lo
AT&T Bell Labs, Denver

ssd@edsr.eds.com (Sean Dowd) (01/03/90)

Does anyone know of any (preferably public domain) object-oriented databases?
Does such an animal exist?
An alternative would be an O-O programming environment integrated with
a {relational|O-O} database.

We are in a Unix (Sun) environment.

Please send responses directly to me and I will summarize.

Thanks.

Sean S. Dowd, EDS Research, Inc.    | INTERNET:          ssd@edsr.eds.com
MOUTHMAIL: (214) 490-2751           | UUCP:   ...!{uunet,texsun}!edsr!ssd
"People think it must be fun to be a super-genius, but they don't realize
 how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."   -   Calvin

brownell@ingr.com (Paul Brownell) (02/11/90)

I have been reading the postings related to Object Oriented Databases,
and would like to do more research.  If someone could recommend some
sources, I would appreciate it.  Please E-mail or post back to this
group directly.

---

	Paul Brownell
	brownell@ingr.com
	...uunet!ingr!brownell

---

dgh@unify.uucp (David Harrington) (02/16/90)

In article <8706@ingr.com> brownell@ingr.com (Paul Brownell) writes:
>I have been reading the postings related to Object Oriented Databases,
>and would like to do more research.  If someone could recommend some
>sources, I would appreciate it.  Please E-mail or post back to this
>group directly.

Read comp.object.

--
David Harrington		                      internet: dgh@unify.UUCP
Unify Corporation		                ...!{csusac,pyramid}!unify!dgh

benson@blake.acs.washington.edu (Dan Benson) (02/16/90)

In article <8706@ingr.com> brownell@ingr.com (Paul Brownell) writes:
>I have been reading the postings related to Object Oriented Databases,
>and would like to do more research.  If someone could recommend some
>sources, I would appreciate it.  Please E-mail or post back to this
>group directly.

The following list of references are some that I have been collecting on
the topic of Object-Oriented Databases.  The format is basically:

Author(s)
Title
Publication
Pages
Date

The entries are sorted by date.

I apologize for any incomplete or incorrect information.  Please send any
corrections or additions to me and I can repost if there is interest.

Dan Benson
Dept. of Elec. Engr., FT-10
University of Washington
Seattle, WA  98195
(206) 545-7567
benson@ee.washington.edu

--------------- snip snip -------------- snip snip --------------

Peter Pin-Shan Chen
The Entity-Relationship Model--Toward a Unified View of Data
ACM Transaactions on Database Systems, vol. 1 no. 1
p. 9-36
03/01/76

John Miles Smith and Diane C. P. Smith
Database Abstractions: Aggregation and Generalization
Association for Computing Machinery, Inc,  1977
p. 138-151
01/01/77

William Kent
Limitations of Record-Based Information Models
ACM, 1979
p. 85-97
01/01/79

IEEE Computer Society
Database Engineering  vol 1
Computer Society Press (book)
p. 1-302
01/01/83

Brad J. Cox
Message/Object An Evolutionary Change
IEEE Software
p. 50-61
01/01/84

Gio Wiederhold
Knowledge and Database Management
IEEE Software
p. 63-73
01/01/84

IEEE Computer Society
Database Engineering vol 4
Computer Society Press (book)
p. 1-325
01/01/85

Carlo Zaniolo, Hassan Ait-Kaci, David Beech, Stephanie Cammarata
Object Oriented Database Systems and Knowledge Systems
MCC Technical Report DB-038-85
p. 1-17
07/09/85

Darrell Woelk, Won Kim, Willis Luther
An Object-Oriented Approach to Multimedia Databases
MCC Technical Report Number DB-172-85
p. 1-29
11/27/85

Brad J. Cox
Object-Oriented Programming An Evolutionary Approach
Addison Wesley (book)
p. 1-274
01/01/86

IEEE Computer Society
Database Engineering  vol 5
Computer Socitey Press (book)
p. 1-227
01/01/86

Michael Stonebraker and Lawrence A. Rowe
The Design of Postgres
ACM, 1986
p. 340-355
01/01/86

Steven P. Reiss
An Object-Oriented Framework for Graphical Programming
Tech. Rep. from Brown University
p. 1-19
03/01/86

Jay Banerjee, Won Kim, Darrell Woelk, Nat Ballou, Hong-Tai Chou
Data Model Issues for Object-Oriented Database Applications
MCC Technical Report Number DB-099-86
 p.1-20
03/31/86

Won Kim, Hong-Tai Chou, Jay Banerjee
Operations and Implementation of Complex Objects
MCC Technical Report Number: DB-178-86
p. 1-26
06/06/86

Jay Banerjee, Hyoung-Joo Kim, Won Kim, Henry Korth
Schema Evolution In Object-Oriented Persistent Databases
MCC Technical Report DB-221-86
p. 1-14
06/15/86

Ted Kaehler and Dave Patterson
A Small Taste of Smalltalk
Byte
p. 145-260
08/01/86

Brad Cox and Bill Hunt
Objects, Icons, and Software-ICS
Byte
p. 161-176
08/01/86

Charles B. Duff
Designing an Efficient Language
Byte
p. 211-224
08/01/86

Darrell Woelk, Willis Luther, Won Kim
Multimedia Applications and Database Requirements
MCC Technical Report Number: DB-277-86
p. 1-23
08/13/86

David Maier, Jacob Stein, Allen Otis, Alan Purdy
Development Of An Object-Oriented DBMS
OOPSLA `86 Proceedings
p. 472-482
09/01/86

David Moon
Object-Oriented Programming With Flavors
OOPSLA `86 Proceedings
p. 1-8
09/01/86

Alan Snyder
Encapsulation And Inheritance In Object-Oriented Programming Languages
OOPSLA `86 Proceedings
p. 38-45
09/01/86

Andrea Skarra, Stanley Zdonik
The Management of Changing Types In An Object-Oriented Database
OOPSLA `86 Proceedings
p. 483-493
09/01/86

Steven Vegdahl
Moving Structures Between Smalltalk Images
OOPSLA '86 Proceedings
p. 466-471
09/01/86

Douglas Wiebe
A Distributed Repository for Immutable Persistent Objects
OOPSLA '86 Proceedings
p. 453-465
09/01/86

Systems Architecture
Digital Design, September 1986
p.29-31
09/01/86

D. Decouchant
Design of a Distributed Object Manager for the Smalltak-80 System
OOPSLA '86 Proceedings
p. 444-445
09/01/86

IEEE Computer Society
Proceedings-1986 International Workshop on Object-Oriented Database Systems
IEEE Computer Society Press (book)
p. 1-237
09/01/86

Van Nguyen, Brent Hailpern
A Generalized Object Model
SIGPLAN Notices vol. 21 no. 10
p. 78-87
10/01/86

Rob Strom
A Comparison Of The Object-Oriented And Process Paradigms
SIGPLAN Notices volume 21, number 10
p. 88-97
10/01/86

Brita Meng
Systems Architecture - Programming Gets Object Oriented
Digital Design
p. 28-31
10/01/86

Eric Grant, Phil Amburn, and Turner Whitted
Exploiting Classes in Modeling and Display Software
IEEE C G & A
p. 13-20
11/01/86

Gio Wiederhold
Views, Objects, and Databases
IEEE, December, 1986
p. 37-44
12/01/86

Jay Banerjee, Won Kim, Hyoung-Joo Kim,  Henry Korth
Semantics and Implementation of Schema Evolution in Object-Oriented Databas
MCC Technical Report Number: DB-404-86
p. 1-27
12/02/86

Andrea H. Skarra, Stanley B. Zdonik
Type Evolution in an Object-Oriented Database
Research Directions in Object-Oriented Programming
p. 394-415
01/01/87

David M. Kroenke
Developing Object-Oriented Database Applications On Microcomputers
IEEE
p. 70-77
01/01/87

Jay Banerjee, Hong-Tai Chou, Jorge Garza, Won Kim, Darrell Woelk, Nat Ballo
Data Model Issues for Object-Oriented Applications
ACM Transcations on Office Information Systems vol 5 no. 1
p. 3-26
01/01/87

Alan Purdy, Bruce Schuchardt, David Maier
Integrating an Object Server with Other Worlds
ACM Transactions on Office Information Systems vol. 5 no. 1
p. 27-47
01/01/87

D.H. Fishman, D. Beech, H.P. Cate, E.C. Chow, T. Connors, J.W. Davis
Iris: An Object-Oriented Database Management System
ACM Transactions on Office Information Systems vol.5 no. 1
p. 48-69
01/01/87

Mark F. Hornick, Stanley B. Zdonik
A Shared, Segmented Memory System for an Object-Oriented Database
ACM Transactins on Office Information Systems, vol. 5 no. 1
p. 70-95
01/01/87

D. Tsichritzis, E. Fiume, S. Gibbs, O. Nierstrasz
KNOs: KNowledge Acquisition, Dissemination, and Manipulation Objects
ACM Transactions on Office Information Systems, vol. 5 no. 1
p. 96-112
01/01/87

Gerald E. Peterson
Tutorial: Object-Oriented Computing  vol 1: Concepts
Computer Society Press                  (book)
p. 1-205
01/01/87

IEEE Computer Society
Database Engineering vol 6
Computer Society Press (book)
p. 1-245
01/01/87

Gerald E. Peterson
Tutorial: Object-Oriented Computing vol 2: Implementations
Computer Society Press                  (book)
p. 1-313
01/01/87

Gerald E. Peterson
Tutorial: Object-Oriented Computing vol 2: Implementations
Computer Society Press                  (book)
p. 1-313
01/01/87

Bruce Shriver, Peter Wegner
Research Directions in Object-Oriented Programming
MIT Press  (book)
p. 1-585
01/01/87

Sandra Heiler, Umeshwar Dayal, Jack Orenstein, Susan Radke-Sproull
An Object-Oriented Approach to Data Management:Why Design Databases Need It
24th ACM/IEEE Design Automation Conference
p. 335-340
01/01/87

IEEE Computer Society
Proceedings- Third International Conference on Data Engineering

p. 1-665
02/01/87

Mohammad A. Ketabchi and Valdis Berzins
Modeling and Managing CAD Databases
Computer
p. 93-102
02/01/87

Darrell Woelk, Won Kim
Multimedia Information Management in an Object-Oriented Database System
MCC Technical Report Number: DB-046-87
p. 1-27
02/10/87

Mike Jenkins
Intelligent Data Bases & Nial
AI Expert
p. 32-39
03/01/87

Bertrand Meyer
Reusability: The Case for Object-Oriented Design
IEEE Software
p. 50-64
03/01/87

Robert Peterson
Object-Oriented Data
AI Expert
p. 26-30
03/01/87

Setrag Khoshafian, Patrick Valduriez
Sharing, Persistence, and Object Orientation: A Database Perspective
MCC Technical Report Number DB-106-87
p. 1-23
04/01/87

William Leddy
Problems Encountered in the Implementation of a Parallel OO Application
MCC Technical Memo
p. 1-8
04/08/87

Bill Leddy
Parallel Object-Oriented C Experiments
MCC Technical Report Number: PP-162-87
 p. 1-6
05/01/87

Won Kim, Kyung-Chang Kim, Alfred Dale
Indexing Techniques for Object-Oriented Databases
MCC Technical Report Number DB-134-87
p. 1-31
05/01/87

Won Kim, Darrell Woelk, Jorge Garza, Hong-Tai Chou, Jay Banerjee, Nat Ballo
Enhancing The Object-Oriented Concepts For Database Support
IEEE
p. 291-292
05/01/87

Peter Wegner (editor)
Workshop on Object-Oriented Programming
Workshop on Object-Oriented Programming
p. 16-37
06/18/87

Won Kim, Nat Ballou, Jay Banerjee, Hong-Tai Chou, Jorge Garza, Darrell Woel
Features of the Orion Object-Oriented Database System
MCC Technical Report Number ACA-ST-308-87
p. 1-33
09/01/87

Richard Hull, Roger King
Semantic Database Modeling: Survey, Applications, and Research Issues
ACM Computing Surveys, Vol 19, No. 3
p. 201-260
09/01/87

Pat O'Brien
Panel on Object-Oriented Database Systems
OOPSLA `87 Addendum to the Proceedings
p.69-87
10/01/87

Peter Wegner
The Object-Oriented Classification Paradigm
Research Directions in Object-Oriented Programming
p 479-560
10/01/87

Won Kim, Jay Banerjee, Hong-Tai Chou, Jorge Garza, Darrell Woelk
Composite Object Support In An Object-Oriented Database System
OOPSLA `87 Proceedings
p. 118-125
10/04/87

Thomas Merrow, Jane Laursen
A Pragmatic System For Shared Persistent Objects
OOPSLA `87 Proceedings
p. 103-110
10/04/87

D. Jason Penney, Jacob Stein
Class Modification In The GemStone Object-Oriented DBMS
OOPSLA `87 Proceedings
p. 111-117
10/04/87

Michael Caplinger
An Information System Based On Distributed Objects
OOPSLA `87 Proceedings
p. 126-137
10/04/87

Toby Bloom, Stanley B. Zdonik
Issues in the Design of Object-Oriented Database Programming Languages
OOPSLA '87 Proceedings
p. 441-451
10/04/87

Timothy Andrews, Craig Harris
Combining Language and Database Advances in an Object-Oriented Dvpmnt Envir
OOPSLA '87 Proceedings
p. 430-440
10/04/87

Waard Cunnignham, Kent Beck
Diagramming Objects
AI Expert
p. 52-58
11/01/87

Joseph Somsel
Nexpert Object and HUMBLE: Object-Based Shells
AI Expert
p. 75-79
11/01/87

Jeff Gomsi, Mike Desanti
Boo and the Relational Database
AI Expert
p. 60-66
11/01/87

Bernard P. Zeigler
Hierarchical, Modular Discrete-Event Modeling in an Object-Oriented Environ
Simulation
p. 219-230
11/01/87

Stephen Schur
The Intelligent Database
AI Expert
p. 26-34
01/01/88

Elisa Bertino, Fausto Rabitti, Simon Gibbs
Query Processing in a Multimedia Document System
ACM Transactions on Office Information Systems vol 6 no 11
p. 1-41
01/01/88

W. Bruce Croft
Implementing Ranking Strategies Using Text Signatures
ACM Transactions on Office Information Systems vol 6 no 1
p. 42-62
01/01/88

Jonathan Postel, Gregory Finn, Alan Datz, Joyce Reynolds
An Experimental Multimedia Mail System
ACM Transactions on Office Information Systems, vol 6 no 1
p. 63-81
01/01/88

K.R. Dittrich
Advances in Object-Oriented Database Systems
Springer-Verlag, Berlin
p. 1-373
01/01/88

The Computer Society of the IEEE
Proceedings- Fourth International Conference on Data Engineering
p. 1-607
01/01/88

Sally Shlaer, Stephen Mellor
Relationships
Object-Oriented Systems Analysis--Modeling the World in Data
p. 47-64
01/01/88

G.R. Miller
A LISP-Based Object-Oriented Approach to Structural Analysis
Engineering with Computers 4
p. 197-203
01/01/88

Liping Zhao, S.A. Roberts
An Object-Oriented Data Model for Database Modelling, Implmntation & Access
The Computer Journal vol 31 no 2
p. 117-124
01/01/88

Steve Pollinger
Design Guidelines For OO Software With a Man-Machine Interface Example
Master's Thesis (book)
Dept. of Elec. Engr., University of Washington
01/01/88

Bertrand Meyer
Object Oriented Software Construction
Prentice Hall                           (book)
p. 1-519
01/01/88

Jeffrey D. Ullman
Database and Knowledge-Base Systems
Computer Science Press  (book)
p. 1-631
01/01/88

Michel Adiba, Christine Collet
Management of Complex Objects as Dynamic Forms
Version Envoy
01/06/88

Won Kim, Hong-Tai Chou
Versions of Schema for Object-Oriented Databases, Rev.1
MCC Technical Report Number: ACA-ST-278-87
p. 1-25
02/01/88

G. Schlageter, R. Unland, W. Wilkes, R. Zieschang, G. Maul, M. Nag
OOPS-An Object-Oriented Progamming System with Integrated Data Management
IEEE
p. 118-125
02/01/88

David Beech, Brom Mahbod
Generalized Version Control in an Object-Oriented Database
Proc. 4th Intrl. Conf. on Data Engr., IEEE Computer Society
p. 14-22
02/01/88

Michael Schrefl, Erich Neuhold
Object Class Definition by Generalization Using Upward Inheritance
4th International Conf on Data Engr/IEEE Computer Society
p. 4-13
02/01/88

Amit Sheth
Mnge/Intgrate Unstructured & Structrd Data: Representation,Features,Abstrac
Proceedings 4th International Conference On Data Engineering
p. 598-603
02/01/88

Jay Banerjee, Won Kim, Kyung-Chang Kim
Queries in Object-Oriented Databases
IEEE, 1988
p. 31-38
02/01/88

Katsumi Tanaka, Masatoshi Yoshikasa, Kozo Ishihara
Schema Virtualization in Object-Oriented Databases
IEEE, 1988
p. 23-30
02/01/88

Scott Danforth, Chris Tomlinson
Type Theories and Object-Oriented Programming
ACM Computing Surveys, Volume 20, Number 1
p. 1-72
03/01/88

Ravi Krishnamurthy, Carlo Zaniolo
Optimization in Logic Based Language for Knwldge and Data Intensve Applictn
Advances in Database Technology- EDBT `88
p. 16-33
03/01/88

Peter M D Gray, David S Moffat, Norman W Paton
A Prolog Interface to a Functional Data Model Database
Advances in Database Technology-  EDBT `88
p. 34-48
03/01/88

J.W. Schmidt, S. Ceri, M. Missikoff
Advances in Database Technology- EDBT `88
p. 1-620
03/01/88

Stephanie Cammarata, Michel Melkanoff
An Information Dictionary for Managing CAD/CAM Databases
Database Programming and Design
p. 26-35
03/01/88

Jacob Stein
Object-Oriented Programming and Databases
Dr. Dobb's Journal
p. 18-34
03/01/88

Jacob Stein
Object-Oriented Programming and Databases
Dr. Dobb's Journal
p.18-34
03/01/88

Jacob Stein, David Maier
Object-Oriented Data Management
Database Programming and Design
p. 58-67
04/01/88

J.A. Brumfield, J.L. Miller, and H.T. Chou
Performance Modeling of Distributed Object-Oriented Database Systems
MCC Technical Report Number ACA-ST-173-88
p. 1-18
05/01/88

Won Kim, Hong-Tai Chou
Merged Models
Unix Review vol. 6 no. 5
p. 49-59
05/01/88

Roger Strukhoff
Iris Eyes--Intermedia Prize
CD Rom Review
p. 18-21
05/01/88

Simon J. Gibbs, Clarence A. Ellis
Active Objects: Realities and Possibilities
MCC Technical Report Number STP-195-88
p. 1-12
06/01/88

T.R. Rogers, R.G.G. Cattell
Entity-Relationship Database User Interfaces
Data Engineering, vol. II no. 2
p. 44-53
06/01/88

Daniel Weinreb, Neal Feinberg, Dan Gerson, Charles Lamb
An Object-Oriented Database System to Support an Integrated Prgrming Enviro
Data Engineering, vol II no 2  IEEE Computer Society
p. 33-43
06/01/88

Gail Kaiser , Naser Barghouti, Peter Feiler, Robert Schwanke
Database Support for Knowledge-Based Engineering Environments
IEEE Expert
p. 18-32
06/01/88

Timohty Koschmann, Martha Walton Evens
Bridging the Gap Between Object-Oriented and Logic Programming
IEEE Software
p. 36-42
07/01/88

James Coplien, Stephen Dewhurst, Andrew Koenig
C++: Evolving Toward A More Powerful Language
AT&T Technical Journal
p. 19-32
07/01/88

Seung Soo Park, Won Kim
A Concurrent Object-Oriented Model of Inferencing
MCC Technical Report Number ACA-ST-255-88
p. 1-33
08/01/88

Geoffrey A. Pascoe
Elements of Object-Oriented Programming
Byte
p. 139-144
08/01/88

Bjarne Stroustrup
A Better C?
Byte
p. 215-216D
08/01/88

Jonathan S. Linowes
It's an Attitude
Byte
p. 219-224
08/01/88

C.V. Ramamoorthy, Phillip Sheu
Object-Oriented Systems
IEEE Expert
p. 9-15
09/01/88

Norman Meyrowitz
Conference Proceedings - OOPSLA '88
Assoc for Computing Machinery (book)
p. 1-390
09/01/88

Joshua Duhl, Craig Damon
Performance Comparison of Object & Relational Databases Using Sun Benchmark
OOPSLA `88 Proceedings
p. 153-163
09/25/88

David Beech
Intensional Concepts in an Object Database Model
OOPSLA '88 Proceedings
p. 164-175
09/25/88

Won Kim, Nat Ballou, Hong-Tai Chou, Jorge Garza, Darrell Woelk
Integrating an Object-Oriented Programming System with a Database System
OOPSLA '88 Proceedings
p. 142-152
09/25/88

Mohammad A Ketabchi
Representing Software Using Object-Oriented Database Management Systems
OOPSLA '88 Proceedings
p. 368,446-452
09/26/88

Matthew Rapaport
Object-Oriented Databases:  The Next Step in DBMS Evolution
Computer Language
p. 91-98
10/01/88

C.V. Ramamoorthy, Phillip Sheu
Object-Oriented Systems
IEEE
p. 9-16
10/01/88

edited by Peter Henderson
Object Management Issues for Software Engr Environments Workshop Report
Proc of ACM SIGSOFT/SIGPLAN Engr Sympos on Sftwr Dvlp Envrn
p. 226-234 v.13 # 5
11/01/88

Dick Pountain
Rekursiv: An Object-Oriented CPU
Byte
p. 341-349
11/01/88

Dallas E. Webster
Mapping the Design Information Representation Terrain
Computer Magazine
P. 8-23
12/01/88

Daniel O'Connell
A Matter of Semantics
Datamation
p. 51-54
12/15/88

Marc Rettig, Tom Morgan, Jeff Jacobs, and Doug Wimberly
Object-Oriented Programming in AI -- New Choices
AI Expert
p. 53-69
01/01/89

Suad Alagic
Object-Oriented Database Programming
Springer-Verlag New York Inc.
p. 1-320
01/01/89

Matthew Hodges, Russell Sasnett, Mark Ackerman
A Construction Set for Multimedia Applications
IEEE Software
p. 37-42
01/01/89

Stephen Bailey
Designing With Objects
Computer Language
p. 34-43
01/01/89

A.W. Brown
From Semantic Data Models to Object Orientation in Design Databases
Information and Software Technology vol 31 no 1
p. 39-46
01/01/89

Kamran Parsaye, Mark Chignell, Setrag Khoshafian, and Harry Wong
Intelligent Databases
John Wiley & Sons  (book)
p. 1-478
01/01/89

Anthony I. Wasserman, Peter A. Pircher, and Robert J. Muller
An Object-Oriented Structured Design Method for Code Generation
Software Engineering Notes, ACM Press
p. 32-55
01/01/89

DH Fishman, J Annevelink, E Chow, T Connors, JW Davis, W Hasan, CG Hoch
Overview of the Iris DBMS
Hewlett Packard Systems Architecture Laboratory Report
p. 1-43
01/10/89

Maria Penedo, Erhard Ploedereder, Ian Thomas
Object Management Issues For Software Engineering Environments
SIGPLAN Notices Volume 24, Number 2
p. 226-234
02/01/89

Lung-Chun Liu, Ellis Horowitz
Object Database Support For A Software Project Management Environment
SIGPLAN Notices volume 24, number 2
p. 85-96
02/01/89

Tom Green
A C++ Multitasking Kernel
Dr. Dobb's Journal
p. 45-90
02/01/89

Richard P. Gabriel
The Common LISP Object System
AI Expert
p. 54-65
03/01/89

John Maxwell and Mark S. Riggle
LISP Macros For Backtracking
AI Expert
p. 28-39
03/01/89

Zack Urlocker
Whitewater's Actor: An Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming Concepts
Microsoft Systems Journal
p. 33-44
03/01/89

Michael Swaine
Is Multiple Inheritance Necessary ?
Dr. Dobb's Journal
p. 107-110
03/01/89

John H. Saunders
A Survey of Object-Oriented Programming Languages
JOOP - Journal of Object-Oriented Programming
p. 5-11
03/01/89

Rajiv Gupta, Wesley H. Cheng, Rajesh Gupta, Ido Hardonag, Melvin A Breuer
An Object-Oriented VLSI CAD Framework
Computer, IEEE
p. 28-37
05/01/89

Martin Hardwick and David L. Spooner
ROSE Data Manager:  Using Object Technology to Support Interactive EngrAppl
IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering
p. 285-289
06/01/89

Joseph Dawson
A Family of Models
Byte
p. 277-286
09/01/89

Norman Meyrowitz
Conference Proceedings - OOPSLA '89
Assoc for Computing Machinery
p. 1-528
10/01/89

Mark H. Chignell
Intelligent Databases and Object-Oriented Languages
Computer Language
p. 67-78
10/01/89

Jeffrey Sutherland
An Introduction to Object-Oriented Database Management Systems
OOPSLA '89
p. 1-40
10/02/89

Scott Robert Ladd
The Art of Abstraction
Computer Language
p. 137-140
11/01/89

Rangachar Kasturi, Rodney Fernandez, Mukesh L.Amlani, and Wu-chun Feng
Map Data Processing in Geographic Information Systems
Computer
p. 10-21
12/01/89

John Brolio, Bruce A. Draper, J. Ross Beveridge, and Allen R. Hanson
ISR:  A Database for Symbolic Processing in Computer Vision
Computer
p. 22-30
12/01/89

H. V. Jagadish and Lawrence O'Gorman
An Object Model for Image Recognition
Computer
p. 33-41
12/01/89

Andrew M. Goodman, Robert M. Haralick, and Linda G. Shapiro
Knowledge-Based Computer Vision
Computer
p. 43-54
12/01/89

Auturo Pizano, Allen Klinger, and Alfonso Cardenas
Specification of Spatial Integrity Constraints in Pictorial Databases
Computer
p. 59-71
12/01/89

Amar Gupta
Integration of Information Systems:  Bridging Heterogeneous Databases
IEEE Press (book)
12/01/89

Stanley B. Zdonik and David Maier
Readings in Object-Oriented Database Systems
Margan Kaufman Publishers, Inc  (book)
p. 1-629
01/01/90

Isaac J. Salzman
An Objective Look at C++ Compilers
Unix Review vol. 6 no. 11
p. 81-88

Mark Stefik, Daniel G. Bobrow
Object-Oriented Programming: Themes and Variations
The AI Magazine
p. 40-61

Aral Ege, Clarence Ellis
Design And Implementation Of GORDION, An Object Base Management System
MCC Technical Report STP-172-86
p. 2-22

Peter Wegner
Dimensions of Object-Based Language Design
Tech. Rep. from Brown University
p. 1-15

Stanley Zdonik
Version Management in an Object-Oriented Database
from book: Research Directions in OOP
p. 405-422

Markku Sakkinen
Comments on "the Law of Demeter" and C++
SIGPLAN Notices, vol 23 no 12
p. 38-44

David Sandberg
Smalltalk and Exploratory Programming
SIGPLAN Notices, vol 23 no 10
p. 85-92

Fred Mellender
An Integration of Logic and Object-Oriented Programming
SIGPLAN Notices, vol 23 no 10
p. 181-185

Karen Smith, Stanley Zdonik
Intermedia: A Case Study of the Diff Btwn Relatnl and OO Database Systems
OOPSLA '87 Proceedings
p. 1-16

Stanley Zdonik, Peter Wegner
Language and Methodology for Object-Oriented Database Environments
Tech. Rep from Brown University

Lynn Stein
Delegation is Inheritance
Tech. Rep from Brown University

K.R. Dittrich (Editor)
Advances in Object-Oriented Database Systems
Lecture Notes in Computer Science

Scott Robert Ladd
Designing with Class
Computer Language
p. 81-85
--
| Dan Benson                        benson@ee.washington.edu    |
| Dept. of Elec. Engr., FT-10                                   |

dag@auc.UUCP (Daniel Gibson ) (11/16/90)

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am exploring the world of object oriented databases
and I am looking at nested atrribute as a possible way.
While I have read many of the sources that discuss this
I still felt that a posting to the net might bring more insight.
Any comments, suggestions,sources, and even examples(if any)
would greatly be appreciated.

Thankx,

Dan Gibson

--
UUCP:auc!dag
"...and maybe love is letting people be what they want to be..."