[comp.databases] ";" function in Dbase IV 1.1

richardj@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (Richard Jablonka) (12/19/90)

How can you skip a line in the IIF function using ";" in Dbase IV 1.1?

In III+ for example if address line 2 is blank I could skip printing by
saying:

  IIF(len(addr2)=0, addr1, addr1+";"addr2)

 if address line 2 is not blank it will be printed on the next line.

The ";" function doesn't seem to work in Iv 1.1.  How can I get it to?

                                  Thanks,
                                     Richard Jablonka, richardj@uhccux

jeffmc@ashtate (Jeff McCrimon) (12/22/90)

In article <10707@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu> richardj@uhccux.UUCP (Richard Jablonka) writes:
>How can you skip a line in the IIF function using ";" in Dbase IV 1.1?
>
>In III+ for example if address line 2 is blank I could skip printing by
>saying:
>
>  IIF(len(addr2)=0, addr1, addr1+";"addr2)
>
> if address line 2 is not blank it will be printed on the next line.
>
>The ";" function doesn't seem to work in Iv 1.1.  How can I get it to?

Turn on the Picture functions:Wrap Semicolons menu option on the
character field/expression in the MODIFY REPORT design screen.

>                                  Thanks,
>                                     Richard Jablonka, richardj@uhccux

Hope this helps.
   =Jeffrey=