[comp.databases] Help : Clipper

crcc7@menudo.uh.edu (Kim) (01/06/91)

Hi, Netlanders.
Happy New Year to you all.

I have a problem on Clipper(Summer 87).

I have a Novell network running on 386 clone.

Situation is as follows:

	Problem : Clipper try to open the file LPT2.PRN, instead of initiating
                  the printer device, when it does the following procedure:

	        SET CONSOLE ON
                SET DEVICE TO SCREEN
                SET PRINT OFF

		SET PRINTER TO LPT2
                SET CONSOLE OFF
                SET DEVICE TO PRINT
                SET PRINT ON

	          where LPT2: is spooled device to network printer which is
	          attached in File server, which is prepaired by

		SPOOL L=2 P=0 NFF NB TI=5.

	Same set of programs are running fine on dBase III Plus without any
	problem including rerouting the print output.

	If it is helpfull, this is a part of very big program, and calling
	program is in the external OVERLAY and called routine is in the main
        program area.  If this program runs as these code, it runs fine.
	But if it is compiled under the complex environment, program aborts in
        error.  Runtime environment is :

	CONFIG.SYS
		Files=31
		Buffers=25
		Fcbs=16,8

	SET CLIPPER=V010;R020;F031

Any clue will be very appreciated.
Thanks.
--

mpd@anomaly.sbs.com (Michael P. Deignan) (01/06/91)

crcc7@menudo.uh.edu (Kim) writes:

>	But if it is compiled under the complex environment, program aborts in
>        error.

It would be helpful to know what the runtime error is...

MD
--
--  Michael P. Deignan                      / Sex is hereditary. If your
--  Domain: mpd@anomaly.sbs.com            /  parents never had it, chances

tleylan@pegasus.com (Tom Leylan) (01/07/91)

In article <1991Jan5.175558.20758@menudo.uh.edu> crcc7@menudo.uh.edu (Kim) writes:
>Situation is as follows:
>
>	Problem : Clipper try to open the file LPT2.PRN, instead of initiating
>                  the printer device, when it does the following procedure:
>
>		SET PRINTER TO LPT2
>                SET CONSOLE OFF
>                SET DEVICE TO PRINT
>                SET PRINT ON
>
>	But if it is compiled under the complex environment, program aborts in
>        error.  Runtime environment is :

Kim,

I need to know the error message that results when it is run in the complex
environment with that I should be able to pinpoint the problem.  Contact me
through private mail :   tleylan@pegasus.com

tom leylan
formerly Senior Systems Analyst, Nantucket Corporation

If I can't fix it, it isn't broken...