[comp.databases] WYSE60 working PROPERLY with Oracle

exnirad@brolga.cc.uq.oz.au (Nirad Sharma) (01/05/91)

I posted a while ago asking with the proper WYSE60 CRT file for use with
Oracle (V5, SQLFORMS 2.0.21, SCO Xenix 2.3.2). The file I received seemed
to be more or less right but I noticed that :

1	when EXEQRY (F2) or other certain keys were pressed they automatically
	  gave a CR as well, thus clearing the status messages. I edited the CRT
	  file and removed this.

2	the 0 key on the main keyword does not display a 0 but takes the next
	  few keys as garbage. Note that when not in sqlforms the 0 key works
	  fine eg in csh.

3	if I start typing during a screen draw the terminal will often start to
	  behave in a crazy manner as if I had pressed all sorts of stray keys.

4	I set the terminal up as a 25-line terminal but every time I exit
	  from SQLFORMS the terminal is reset to 24 line mode.

1,2 & 4 sound like CRT problems. 3 & 4 seems like a terminal setup and/or line
synchronization problem. Given this, could someone please send me the CRT
file that they actually use for a WYSE60 working with SQLFORMS as well as the
relevant terminal setup information. I am pretty well lost.

Thanks for any help.

Nirad Sharma  (exnirad@brolga.cc.uq.oz.au)
Continuing Education Unit
The University of Queensland
AUSTRALIA

cepek@vixvax.mgi.com (01/07/91)

(Email bounced, reply follows)

:
> 3	if I start typing during a screen draw the terminal will often start to
> 	  behave in a crazy manner as if I had pressed all sorts of stray keys.
:

I have worked with the WY-85 for several years (and the WY-185 for a
while too).  I vaguely remember talking to them once about problems that
happened if you typed while the terminal was receiving and displaying
data.  In fact, I remember that the 85 used to "lock up" for about a
second, then continue redrawing.  The manuals also state that getting in
and out of Set-up during data reception is not recommended.

My gut feel is that they simply may have done a poor job on this
throughout their product line.  I don't know the first thing about
your application, however, so there very well could be other causes.

For your sake, I hope I'm wrong, though.  Best of luck to you.

|  Mike Cepek, Programmer/Analyst  |  Internet: CEPEK@MGI.COM    |
|  Management Graphics, Inc.       |     Voice: +1 612/851-6112  |  "Engage."
|  1401 East 79th Street           |  Operator: +1 612/854-1220  |
|  Minneapolis, MN  55425  USA     |       Fax: +1 612/854-6913  |