[comp.databases] Unify bugs under SunOS 4.1

hackes@uni-paderborn.de (Markus Brakweh) (01/09/91)

Hi,
does anyone know anything about the Unify bugs under SunOS 4.1 ?

I've got problems with shared memories and want to know if it has
something to do with SunOS 4.1.

Thnax in advance.

Greetings from Germany

    hackes@uni-paderborn.de      |  Markus Brakweh
   	                         |  Universitaet-GH Paderborn, FB 17
              or                 |  Warburger Str. 100
...!uunet!unido!pbinfo!hackes	 |  D-4790 Paderborn, West Germany

meh@ufycorp.Unify.Com (Mark Hansen) (01/14/91)

In article <1991Jan9.105742.2757@uni-paderborn.de> hackes@uni-paderborn.de (Markus Brakweh) writes:
>Hi,
>does anyone know anything about the Unify bugs under SunOS 4.1 ?
>

>I've got problems with shared memories and want to know if it has
>something to do with SunOS 4.1.
>
>Thnax in advance.
>

>Greetings from Germany

>    hackes@uni-paderborn.de      |  Markus Brakweh
>   	                         |  Universitaet-GH Paderborn, FB 17
>              or                 |  Warburger Str. 100
>...!uunet!unido!pbinfo!hackes	 |  D-4790 Paderborn, West Germany

 When ever the question comes up about 'the correct O/S' for a release
shared memory is usually the first thing that comes to mind.
Depending on the release of UNIFY that you have ( this would have been
very useful infomration in your post ) this may be your problem.

  Unify Corporation has a free information line that you can ask questions
just like this. You can call an engineer from 6:00 -> 17:00 PST at
(916) 923-4777 and talk for up to 10 minutes for FREE.

  If you have support with Unify, you should check with them to see if
this release should run on SunOS 4.1

  I hope this is helpful ( best I can do with the info you provided ).

Mark.

Mark E. Hansen                                     internet: meh@Unify.Com
Manager, Client Support Services            ...!{csusac,pyramid}!unify!meh
Unify Corporation                                    voice: (916) 922-1177
3870 Rosin Court, Sacramento, CA 95834                 fax: (916) 920-5306