[comp.databases] Oracle system release bulletin V6. for VMS? Please oh please tell

mccurdy@ucselx.sdsu.edu (mccurdy m) (01/17/91)

	I am firmly convinced that there is a world conspiracy by my boss,
anonymous strangers that do not return my e-mail, and assorted Oracle
personnel to not tell me whether or not a Version 6 system release bulletin
exists for Oracle on VAX/VMS. Phone calls are not returned and I am now
certain that clandestine meetings are being held in numerous and diverse
international locations in order to instruct others on withholding this
information from me. I am frightened.

	What scares me besides this plot against me, is that I have been
given Oracle V6.0.27.8 and the V5.1.22 system release bulletin to install
on our VMS 5.2 system and by the way Mike, go ahead and learn DBA admini-
stration in your spare time, with no training - it's really no big deal.
Jack of all trades, master of?

	If someone would be willing to tell me whether or not a more up
to date version of the system release bulletin is available, I can assure
you that your identity will remain shadowed from the prying eyes of the
conspirators. Thanks ...

-mike mccurdy
san diego state university

--
Mike McCurdy               *  mccurdy@ucselx.sdsu.edu *

GO.MSB@isumvs.iastate.edu (Marvin Beck) (01/17/91)

In article <1991Jan16.175933.17257@ucselx.sdsu.edu>,
mccurdy@ucselx.sdsu.edu (mccurdy m) writes:

>        What scares me besides this plot against me, is that I have been
>given Oracle V6.0.27.8 and the V5.1.22 system release bulletin to install
>on our VMS 5.2 system  .....
>

>-mike mccurdy
>san diego state university
>
>--
>Mike McCurdy               *  mccurdy@ucselx.sdsu.edu *

------------------

This raises a good point  - I have heard that ORACLE support disappears
for version 5 on the IBM platforms (VM and MVS) the end of February.
Can anyone substantiate this and does it also apply to all other platforms?

Marvin Beck
Iowa State University

broy@vaxa.weeg.uiowa.edu (Barbara Roy) (01/17/91)

In article <1991Jan16.175933.17257@ucselx.sdsu.edu>, mccurdy@ucselx.sdsu.edu (mccurdy m) writes...

>	If someone would be willing to tell me whether or not a more up
>to date version of the system release bulletin is available, I can assure
>you that your identity will remain shadowed from the prying eyes of the
>conspirators. Thanks ...
>
>-mike mccurdy
>san diego state university
>
>--
>Mike McCurdy               *  mccurdy@ucselx.sdsu.edu *

In dealing with Oracle, I have found it is best to have a part number for the
documentation you are seeking. The part number for "Oracle RDBMS and Application
Development Tools for DEC VAX/VMS Installation and Release Notes" is 5130-V6.0.
The one I have is dated May 1990. Try calling your marketing rep or the
Documentation Solutions Group (Ann Peterson is my contact) at 800-562-0720 x313.

Good luck. It took me three months to get the last manual I needed.

Barbara Roy, Weeg Computing Center, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA. 52242
Phone: 319-335-5506
Internet: broy@vaxa.weeg.uiowa.edu     Bitnet: broyva@uiamvs
Disclaimer: My opinions are solely my own and may change daily.