[comp.databases] dBase III+ Who to get rid of the title screen?

cale@sun1.ruf.uni-freiburg.de (Peter Caligari) (01/30/91)

Does anybody know a way not to get the licence page when starting up
dBaseIII+? I was told that there should be undocumented commandline
argument, but the one didn't knew exactly how it went.

Does anybody know something about this problem?

Thanks
Peter Caligari.     (cale@sun1.ruf.uni-freiburg.de)

heinau@methan.chemie.fu-berlin.de (Vera Heinau) (01/30/91)

cale@sun1.ruf.uni-freiburg.de (Peter Caligari) writes:

>Does anybody know a way not to get the licence page when starting up
>dBaseIII+? I was told that there should be undocumented commandline
>argument, but the one didn't knew exactly how it went.

Try: dbase /t

Bye, Vera

--
 |~|    Vera Heinau                         | Freie Universitaet Berlin
 / \    heinau@fub.uucp                     | Institut fuer Organische Chemie
/FUB\   heinau@methan.chemie.fu-berlin.de   | Takustrasse 3
`---'   phone +49 30 838-2677; fax ...-5163 | D-1000 Berlin 33  Germany

heinau@methan.chemie.fu-berlin.de (Vera Heinau) writes:

>Try: dbase /t

>Bye, Vera

I'm sorry, but this doesn't seem to work.

Peter. (cale@sun1.ruf.uni-freiburg.de)

jeffmc@dbase.A-T.COM (Jeff McCrimon) (02/01/91)

In article <3UON08I@methan.chemie.fu-berlin.de> heinau@methan.chemie.fu-berlin.de (Vera Heinau) writes:
>cale@sun1.ruf.uni-freiburg.de (Peter Caligari) writes:
>
>>Does anybody know a way not to get the licence page when starting up
>>dBaseIII+? I was told that there should be undocumented commandline
>>argument, but the one didn't knew exactly how it went.
>
>Try: dbase /t
>
>Bye, Vera
>
>--
> |~|    Vera Heinau                         | Freie Universitaet Berlin
> / \    heinau@fub.uucp                     | Institut fuer Organische Chemie
>/FUB\   heinau@methan.chemie.fu-berlin.de   | Takustrasse 3
>`---'   phone +49 30 838-2677; fax ...-5163 | D-1000 Berlin 33  Germany

DBASE /T only works with dBASE IV.  This does not work with dBASE III PLUS.
There is a utility available on our BBS that stuffs the keyboard buffer
with a CR to bypass the license page.  The number for the Ashton-Tate
BBS is (213) 324-2188 8/N/1.  BTW, this isn't an official Ashton-Tate
utility.  Hope this helps.
   =Jeffrey= (A-T)

--
.signature is under development

FelineGrace@cup.portal.com (Dana B Bourgeois) (02/02/91)

I have been using the program "enter.com" from the PC-magazine series
of utilities.  It fakes an enter keystroke so the screen just flashes.
Not as good as suppressing it but better than having to hit a key to
complete the start-up.

Hope this helps.

Dana Bourgeois @ cup.portal.com