From: aidan@vast.eecs.unsw.oz (Aidan Williams)
Newsgroups: comp.databases
Subject: ingres/wview now working...
Expires:
Sender: aidan@vast.eecs.unsw.oz (Aidan Williams)

Many thanks to those people that sent me their thoughts...

Here is a summary of what they said (and what works for me):

here we go:

1st:  On your xserver 'xset -bc'  to make it backwardly compatible with
      X11R3 ... (since I was running X11R4)

2nd:  'setenv TERM_INGRES wview'

3rd:  'wview -display server_to_contact'

        'wview' itself is just a modified xterm...

        This should result in a INGRES/WindowView window begin created
        on your display.

        NOTE:  if you use csh,  wview will source the .cshrc and will
        reset the value of TERM_INGRES to whatever is in your .cshrc

It works rather well...

rgds
        Aidan