[comp.databases] Modifying dBase3+ screen entry forms - help needed.

awd@dbase.A-T.COM (Alastair Dallas) (02/13/91)

In article <40917@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU>, brand@janus.Berkeley.EDU (Graham Brand) writes:
> I get the error message
> "out of memory variable memory". The manual suggests that the MVARSIZ
> variable should be increased. However, I have tried values up to 24K
> but still get the same error. Can anyone help?

Sorry for posting, but my email always bounces.

The answer is, no, I don't think anyone can help.  You should not be
running out of memory variable memory with such a simple configuration,
therefore your file is more likely corrupted which confuses the screen
form designer.  There are MVARSIZ-like variables which you could fiddle
with, but this would only help if you had a really mondo-sized
configuration, which you don't.

My best advice (short of buying a copy of dBASE IV 1.1 which I'm sure
has already occurred to you :) is to do a PrtSc on the running form,
go into the forms designer and reenter it from scratch.  BTW, the
forms designer and the report designer and generators have all been
completely rewritten for dBASE IV 1.0 and are quite stable in 1.1.

/alastair/