[comp.databases] Unify/Accell Users Group NY/NJ

bqm8977@acf5.NYU.EDU (Barbra Mosca) (03/01/91)

Does anybody know of a UNIFY/Accell users group in the NY/NJ area?
If not, is anybody interested in forming one?
If not, anybody that uses Unify/Accell and is interested in
corresponding with myself and/or my collegues via email about
common problems or solutions I would be extremely overjoyed!
Any responses would be appreciated.
Thanks
Barbra Mosca
bqm8977@nyu.edu.acf5

itkin@mrspoc.Transact.COM (Steven M. List) (03/02/91)

bqm8977@acf5.NYU.EDU (Barbra Mosca) writes:

>Does anybody know of a UNIFY/Accell users group in the NY/NJ area?
>If not, is anybody interested in forming one?
>If not, anybody that uses Unify/Accell and is interested in
>corresponding with myself and/or my collegues via email about
>common problems or solutions I would be extremely overjoyed!
>Any responses would be appreciated.

Sadly, there once was a NY/NJ Unify Users Group.  It was the first.  But
it was mostly sponsored and supported by a single company.  The members
were mostly passive, and when the sponsoring company withdrew their support
(for business reasons - no censure involved), the group just... died.  We
picked up a bunch of their members who were not in either area (NY/NJ or CA)
who were interested in keeping in touch.  Ours, I believe, is the largest
and most active in the world, to date.  And we have members on at least
four continents!

There is a group in the Cincinatti area, I think (Midwest).  And our
group is open to anyone, anywhere, who's interested in receiving our
Newsletter.  Membership is $50/year.  If you're interested in more
information, send a request to "uug-request@Transact.COM".

We also sponsor an open mailing list for users of Unify products.  To
add your name to the mailing list, send a message to

    uug-dist-request@Transact.COM

with a Subject: starting with the word ADD.  If you want an address other
than yours to be on the list (like a local distribution list), then
specify that other address in a Reply-to: header and we'll use that.
These requests are handled automatically, but are also forwarded to the
list administrator, so you can include a friendly message if you like.
And, even if you're NOT on the list, you can always send a query or
comment to

    uug-dist@Transact.COM

and it'll reach everyone on the list, including a bunch of people at
Unify.  We've found that this mailing list has been very helpful to
quite a number of people (nothing like slapping ourselves/myself on the
back, eh? - let's hear it from the satisfied customers!) and it's FREE!
YAY!

For those of you in the San Francisco Bay Area (I'll keep this short),
don't forget that we have monthly meetings (first Thursday of each month
in Sunnyvale) and March will be Neuron Data.  Ta-daa!
 :                Steven List @ Transact Software, Inc. :^>~                  :
 :           Chairman, Unify User Group of Northern California                :
 :                         itkin@Transact.COM                                 :

allbery@NCoast.ORG (Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR) (03/08/91)

As quoted from <1991Mar2.005406.26881@mrspoc.Transact.COM> by itkin@mrspoc.Transact.COM (Steven M. List):
| There is a group in the Cincinatti area, I think (Midwest).  And our
| group is open to anyone, anywhere, who's interested in receiving our
| Newsletter.  Membership is $50/year.  If you're interested in more
| information, send a request to "uug-request@Transact.COM".
you more information if you (either of you...) want it.

++Brandon
--
Me: Brandon S. Allbery			    Ham: KB8JRR on 40m, 10m when time
Internet: allbery@NCoast.ORG		      permits; also 2m, 220, 440, 1200