[comp.databases] Looking for Bill-of-Materials/MRP Commercial Packages

doughe@bamboo.TEKTRONIX.COM (Douglas E Helbling;627-2621;46-176;;) (03/27/91)

-----------

	I recently heard of a commercial product called CIM-STAT (sp?),
	supposedly an Ingres-based Bill-of-Materials/MRP interface
	program, but have been unable to find a reported vendor.

	If you have any information on this product, or know of other
	products, commercial or public domain, of similar function,
	I would like to hear about it.  Thanks in advance, along with
	the usual "pardon if repeat #249" disclaimer.  Email response
	preferred, but no required.

						Doug Helbling
						doughe@bamboo.cax.tek.com

kenm@hp-vcd.HP.COM (Ken Miles) (04/03/91)

In
/ hp-vcd:comp.databases / doughe@bamboo.TEKTRONIX.COM (Douglas E Helbling;627-2621;46-176;;) / 12:58 pm  Mar 26, 1991 / writes:
>-----------
>
>	I recently heard of a commercial product called CIM-STAT (sp?),
>	supposedly an Ingres-based Bill-of-Materials/MRP interface
>	program, but have been unable to find a reported vendor.
>
>	If you have any information on this product, or know of other
>	products, commercial or public domain, of similar function,
>	I would like to hear about it.  Thanks in advance, along with
>	the usual "pardon if repeat #249" disclaimer.  Email response
>	preferred, but no required.
>

>						Doug Helbling
>						doughe@bamboo.cax.tek.com

Actually there are some others on the net who have a similar interest.
I for one would be interested in seeing responses to this query.
Perhaps you could summarize any email responses on the net for us Doug?

Ken Miles
Vancouver Division / HP
kenm@hp-vcd.hp.com