[comp.databases] Informix SQL C Function in Ace/Perform

gcs@polari.UUCP (Greg Sheppard) (04/07/91)

  We are building an ISQL sperform screen which uses a C function
to access and manipulate the current record's data.

 How does one access the data currently pointed to by the cursor with
a C function - we don't want to use field labels but want to get
at the actual work area where Informix keeps the current record data.

--
Greg Sheppard                        Internet:  imop@wa-ngnet.army.mil
WAARNG, Tacoma, WA, USA              UUCP:      ...!polari!gcs

das@trac2000.ueci.com (David Snyder) (04/08/91)

In article <3682@polari.UUCP>, gcs@polari.UUCP (Greg Sheppard) writes:

>  How does one access the data currently pointed to by the cursor with
> a C function - we don't want to use field labels but want to get
> at the actual work area where Informix keeps the current record data.

From your question, it sounds like you want a pointer to that area of memory.
To my knowledge there is no SUPPORTED way of doing this.  Your best bet is to
use the pf_getval() function supplied with ESQL/C.

DAS
--
David A. Snyder @ UE&C - Catalytic in Philadelphia, PA

UUCP:  ..!uunet!trac2000!das     INTERNET:  das@ueci.com