[net.unix-wizards] Awakening the dead

joe@petsd.UUCP (Joe Orost) (03/26/85)

In article <323@mtxinu.UUCP> ed@mtxinu.UUCP (Ed Gould) writes:
>      It's possible, but not easy, to continue *many* processes
>from core images - it's not possible in general because of
>considerations like open files.  There have been postings in
>the past of programs to restart such images.

I have never seen such a program.  If anyone has such a program, please post
it to net.sources.

					regards,
					joe

--
Full-Name:  Joseph M. Orost
UUCP:       ..!{decvax,ucbvax,ihnp4}!vax135!petsd!joe

> I have never seen such a program.  If anyone has such a program, please post
> it to net.sources.
>
> 					regards,
> 					joe
>
> --
> Full-Name:  Joseph M. Orost
> UUCP:       ..!{decvax,ucbvax,ihnp4}!vax135!petsd!joe

NO! NO! NO!  Do not repost it!  Send 150 copies to Joe Orost, yes, but
don't make the rest of us pay the phone bills again!  This happens too
often already.
--
				Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology