[comp.databases] Oracle on SCO Unix

mjw@wasp.eng.ufl.edu (Michael J. Wohlgemuth) (04/10/91)

I have just completed installing Oracle 6.0.30.3 on SCO
Unix 3.2.  The install gave no error messages, and I am
able to start Oracle just fine.  The problem is that some
of the data dictionary views that certain applications
require are missing (namely, USER_USERS).  I am at a loss
to figure out what is going on.  I would really appreciate
any pointers to solutions to this problem.

Thanks,
Mike

exnirad@brolga.cc.uq.oz.au (Nirad Sharma) (04/10/91)

mjw@wasp.eng.ufl.edu (Michael J. Wohlgemuth) writes:

>I have just completed installing Oracle 6.0.30.3 on SCO
>Unix 3.2.  The install gave no error messages, and I am
>able to start Oracle just fine.  The problem is that some
>of the data dictionary views that certain applications
>require are missing (namely, USER_USERS).  I am at a loss
>to figure out what is going on.  I would really appreciate
>any pointers to solutions to this problem.

>Thanks,
>Mike

I don't know if this is any help, but..

When I installed Oracle V5 on SCO Xenix I noticed that certain
views such as SYSTEM.SYSCOLUMNS didn't exist.  I searched around
/oracle5/dbs and found the appropriate script there.

Nirad Sharma  (exnirad@brolga.cc.uq.oz.au)		Phone : (61 7) 365 7575
Systems Programmer					Fax :	(61 7) 870 5080
Continuing Education Unit
The University of Queensland.  QLD  4072
AUSTRALIA
--

sharnyo@chez.us.oracle.com (Andi Harnyo) (04/11/91)

In article <1991Apr9.171917.12335@eng.ufl.edu> mjw@wasp.eng.ufl.edu (Michael J. Wohlgemuth) writes:
>I have just completed installing Oracle 6.0.30.3 on SCO
>Unix 3.2.  The install gave no error messages, and I am
>able to start Oracle just fine.  The problem is that some
>of the data dictionary views that certain applications
>require are missing (namely, USER_USERS).  I am at a loss
>to figure out what is going on.  I would really appreciate
>any pointers to solutions to this problem.
>
>Thanks,
>Mike

Mike,

USER_USERS is a view. It is created by running the $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catalog.sql
script. If you use the oracle.install script, then you should have it.
The solution is to rerun the catalog.sql while connected as sys.

-Andi