[comp.databases] Texts for Oracle & SQL

jimmy@cs.UAlberta.CA (Jimmy the X-man) (04/09/91)

Hi,
Can anyone recommend some good texts for learning Oracle & SQL ?
Thanks,

PLEASE email to the address(es) below.

Jimmy
PP (Posthumous President)
The Trembling Tundra Tigers Club
Internet: jimmy@cs.UAlberta.CA
uucp:     jimmy@alberta.uucp
uunet:    ...!uunet!alberta!jimmy

Disclaimer: All of the above is fiction; no responsibility for the
existence of planet earth is assumed (let alone any opinions
expressed).

ccjg@hippo.ru.ac.za (John Goetsch) (04/11/91)

In <1991Apr9.162144.13024@cs.UAlberta.CA> jimmy@cs.UAlberta.CA (Jimmy the X-man) writes:

>Hi,
>Can anyone recommend some good texts for learning Oracle & SQL ?
>Thanks,
>PLEASE email to the address(es) below.

Please would you mind posting responses too, as I would also like to
know what is recommended by the "boffins", and I'm sure that the must be
many more people out there who would also like to benefit.

Thanks in advance.
John

John Goetsch,
Computing Centre, Rhodes University, Grahamstown, South Africa

tensmekl@infonode.ingr.com (Kermit Tensmeyer) (04/15/91)

For Oracle V6.0:

	Try "Working With Oracle"        	Jack L Hursch, PHD
						Carolyn J Hursch, PHD.
		Windcrest Books
		Division of TAB Books

	The major descreptency in the book is the all in all reptation
	of descriptions of SQL Forms V2.3.

	I don't about the rest of you, but the books from Oracle are
	nice Reference Manuals. I learned most of what I know from tearing
	apart short examples of working forms.

	I'll post example forms if there is sufficent interest.

--
Kermit Tensmeyer                        | Intergraph Corporation
UUCP:     ...uunet!ingr!tensmekl	| One Madison Industrial Park