[comp.databases] dBASE IV debugger question

jay@umd5.umd.edu (Jay Elvove) (04/10/91)

I've just started "playing" with dBASE IV 1.1's debugger, but haven't
discovered a way to make it run to a specified line number.  (It will
run from a specified line, however.)  Am I missing something, or is
there no way to do this?

Thanks in advance,
--

Jay Elvove       jay@umd5.umd.edu
c/o Academic Software

awd@dbase.A-T.COM (Alastair Dallas) (04/19/91)

In article <8393@umd5.umd.edu>, jay@umd5.umd.edu (Jay Elvove) writes:
> I've just started "playing" with dBASE IV 1.1's debugger, but haven't
> discovered a way to make it run to a specified line number.  (It will
> run from a specified line, however.)  Am I missing something, or is
> there no way to do this?

Enter a breakpoint ('B' command) like:

	LINENO() = 5

The debugger will stop at line 5.  Cool, huh?  Now ask a hard question :-).

/alastair/