[comp.databases] CLIPPER: recursive dbedit

maurit@nrtc.nrtc.northrop.com (Mark Aurit <maurit>) (04/26/91)

A couple of days ago I asked for some help on removing duplicates
from an array that would eventually be used in achoice(). Somebody
( sorry I forgot your name, thx for the tip ) asked me "why not just
create a unique index and dbedit() the sucker?" Why not indeed, works
like a champ.

However (there's always a "however", right) the user wants the
picklist to remain so they can select an item, have it process,
select another item, have it process, etc. In other words, I want
to do something like:
   do while ! lastkey()=27
     dbedit()
   enddo

Words great with an achoice() array, dbedit() freaks. Can anyone
enlighten me?

Thanks in advance

Mark Aurit
maurit@nrtc.northrop.com

jgb@prism.gatech.EDU (James G. Baker) (04/26/91)

In article <23076@gremlin.nrtc.northrop.com> maurit@nrtc.nrtc.northrop.com (Mark Aurit <maurit>) writes:
>to do something like:
>   do while ! lastkey()=27
>     dbedit()
>   enddo
>Words great with an achoice() array, dbedit() freaks. Can anyone
>enlighten me?

I have been quite pleased with Clipper TBROWSE.  I hear the 5.01 disks
add a few features.  TBROWSE involves a bit more setup (see tbdemo.prg)
but it much more under your control.  i.e. any keypress, etc can
be detected so you can perform the proper action.

Good luck.

--
BAKER,JAMES G - Undergraduate Lab Instructor, School of Electrical Engineering
____  _    _    Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta Georgia, 30332
(_|. |_). |_).  Internet: jgb@prism.gatech.edu, jgb@ee, jgb@eecom, jgb@cc