[comp.databases] >CLIPPER: tbrowse- was:recursive dbedit

gxv8597@tesla.njit.edu (04/27/91)

In article <27371@hydra.gatech.EDU>, jgb@prism.gatech.EDU (James G. Baker) writes:

> I have been quite pleased with Clipper TBROWSE.  I hear the 5.01 disks
> add a few features.  TBROWSE involves a bit more setup (see tbdemo.prg)
> but it much more under your control.  i.e. any keypress, etc can
> be detected so you can perform the proper action.

i have used an achoice user function to implement a menu where if you press
a letter key (a,b,c etc.) the highlight jumps to the next choice that starts
with that letter.  however, i've been trying for a month or so to do the
same with tbrowse and it doesn't work for s**t.  since you've obviously done
better with tbrowse than me, could you give me some pointers?

thanx in advance.

gxv8597@tesla.njit.edu ||  space for rent  ( non-profit organizations only )  ||