[comp.databases] Request for Distributed Database Commit protocol references

leland@cbnewse.att.com (leland.m.kornhaus) (04/30/91)

I am writing to request any sources of information on distributed
database commitment protocols.  I am currently a graduate student and am
doing some research in this area.  I am specifically interested in very
recent articles on the subject.  I have been searching for quite some
time via the normal library systems but have found there to be a void
of information in this area.  If anyone has any suggestions on titles
and sources for current research topics in this field please respond.

Thanks,
Adan K. Pope
att!ihlpb!akpope

mto@harvey.gte.com (Tamer Ozsu) (04/30/91)

In article <1991Apr29.181609.17720@cbnewse.att.com> leland@cbnewse.att.com (leland.m.kornhaus) writes:

>I am writing to request any sources of information on distributed
>database commitment protocols.  I am currently a graduate student and am
>doing some research in this area.  I am specifically interested in very
>recent articles on the subject.  I have been searching for quite some
>time via the normal library systems but have found there to be a void
>of information in this area.  If anyone has any suggestions on titles
>and sources for current research topics in this field please respond.

As a starting point, may I suggest our recent book

	Principles of Distributed Database Systems by M.T. Ozsu and P.
	Valduriez, Prentice-Hall, 1991.

Our discussion may not cover everything that you want to know about
this issue, but at least it would be a starting point and you can then
follow the bibliography for more details.

Note: Normally, I would have responded with an email to this posting, but
there were a couple of similar requests in the last little while, most
of which I responded by email. I thought that a public posting would
make it easier for others who might be looking for similar info.

=+Tamer Ozsu

--
M. Tamer Ozsu				Telephone:	(617) 466-2098
GTE Laboratories			      Fax:	(617) 290-0628