[comp.databases] <None>

mlbarrow@fountain.mit.edu (Michael L Barrow) (08/27/90)

In article <1115@nixsin.UUCP> koerberm@nixsin.UUCP (Mathias Koerber) writes:

   What is the ACM (guess: American Computing Monthly?,A magazine or so?).

ACM stands for the Association of Computing Machinery. It is an
organization for Computing Professionals.

--
--Michael L Barrow
mlbarrow@athena.mit.edu

2fmjbeach@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (10/16/90)

hello
i have a question.
one of the database i wrote have a stack error....yes, i know wht a stack is.
i don't know wht is wrong with it.
it only happen occationally.
it is a 4th Dimension database.
any clue on wht might be wrong?????
any comment / suggestion is welcome !!
bye
thanks in advance

bmug@garnet.berkeley.edu (BMUG) (10/17/90)

In article <26144.271aec63@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> 2fmjbeach@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
>one of the database i wrote have a stack error....yes, i know wht a stack is.
>it is a 4th Dimension database.
>any clue on wht might be wrong?????

The most common reason for stack errors in 4th Dimension has to do with
not properly exiting from a procedure before another procedure is called.
For instance, stacking up successive MODIFY SELECTION commands will eat
up the stack eventually.

Another less common cause would be if recursion were being used
incorrectly.  For obvious reasons, this will eat the stack also.

If you are having this problem often, try calling ACIUS at 408-252-4444
and go over your code with them, or, if you have a Compuserve account,
discuss it with the dozens of 4D developers that frequent the ACIUS
forum.

John Heckendorn
                                                             /\
BMUG                      ARPA: bmug@garnet.berkeley.EDU    A__A
1442A Walnut St., #62     BITNET: bmug@ucbgarne             |()|
Berkeley, CA  94709       Phone: (415) 549-2684             |  |

banksie@whitu.isor.vuw.ac.nz (Philip Banks) (01/23/91)

     Sorry to bother netters but a friend of mine who isn't net connected is
   interested in Geographic Information Software (GIS),Land Information
   Software (LIS) and related databases to this. He doesn't care what kind
   of hardware they run on all he is interested in is what they do. The
   reason he is looking for them is because has written a software package
   for the Archimedes to do this kind of work and he wishes to compare
   what he has written with comercially available software and see it is
   good enough to be sent to a software house. And me being the eternal
   mugins suggested sending a request for information out on the net.
    Accordingly if you know of any software that are of the types above
   could you please send a short email summary of what the sofware is,
   what is can/cannot do,what hardware it runs on and an idea of how
   much it costs. If you send the email to me I will forward it on to
   him.

   Any help would very much appreciated,
                                        Philip R. Banks.

|   BANKSie! (aka Philip Banks) banksie@isor.vuw.ac.nz            |   @@@@@/#|