[comp.databases] DBMS comparision

cjackso@uswnvg.UUCP (Clay Jackson) (05/01/91)

In article <1991Apr30.185048.6074@news.larc.nasa.gov> sarah@cscsparc.larc.nasa.gov (Sarah Eckhouse) writes:

>We are interested in doing a study comparing the features,
>capabilities, useability, ease of leaning, etc.  of four
>database systems:
>
>	Oracle	Ingress	Sybase	Informix

We're looking for the same sort of information.  I'd appreciate it if
anyone reply would either cc me or post!

Thanks in advance!

--
Clay Jackson - N7QNM
US WEST NewVector Group, Inc

buckland@cheddar.ucs.ubc.ca (Tony Buckland) (05/03/91)

In article <779@uswnvg.UUCP> cjackso@uswnvg.UUCP (Clay Jackson) writes:
|In article <1991Apr30.185048.6074@news.larc.nasa.gov> sarah@cscsparc.larc.nasa.gov (Sarah Eckhouse) writes:
|>We are interested in doing a study comparing the features,
|>capabilities, useability, ease of leaning, etc.  of four
|>database systems:
|>	Oracle	Ingress	Sybase	Informix
|We're looking for the same sort of information.  I'd appreciate it if
|anyone reply would either cc me or post!

 These are the same big four that seem to occur to about anyone
 contemplating a DBMS acquisition on a sizable system.  However,
 some of those people then get involved in management policies
 that prevent releasing the results of their deliberations.  Am
 I one of these?  Maybe I can't tell you.