[comp.databases] Unify news group??

cookdl@stat.appstate.edu (05/02/91)

A few months ago someone posted an article about membership in a Unify users
group.  It cost 50.00 a year to join.  Does anyone know how to join this group
and who to send the money to etc..

Thanks in advance..

itkin@mrspoc.Transact.COM (Steven M. List) (05/03/91)

cookdl@stat.appstate.edu writes:

>A few months ago someone posted an article about membership in a Unify users
>group.  It cost 50.00 a year to join.  Does anyone know how to join this group
>and who to send the money to etc..
>
>Thanks in advance..

I just might be able to help %^}

The prior posting to which this poster refers (try THAT five times fast!)
was mine, and talked about the Unify Users Group of Northern California.
Ours is an active group, with monthly meetings (first Thursday of each
month), a monthly Newsletter, and a library accessible by Email.  As a
matter of fact, we're meeting tonight and Nico Nierenberg is our featured
guest!

Membership dues are $50/calendar year, prorated quarterly.  Anyone
interested in joining can either send a query to

    UUG-request@Transact.COM

or send their check for $37.50 along with some identifying information
including company name, contact name, mail address, phone number, Email
address for contact(s), and some comments about which Unify products are
used and for what purpose they are used.  If you want to send your
check, the address is

    Unify Users Group of Northern California
    P. O. Box 4634
    Mountain View, CA 94040

We're happy to accept members from anywhere in the world, and current
our membership spans at least three continents (lessee - North America,
South America, Asia, Africa, Australia - that's five!) and includes
corporate and individual members (dues are the same, regardless).

The UUG/NC also sponsors an Email mailing list that is open to anyone
who wants to participate.  To add your name to the mailing list, send
a message whose Subject: begins with the word "add" (case insensitive).
The automated system will use your From: address on the list.  If, however,
you include a Reply-To: header, then the address in that header will
override the From: address.  This way you can add a local mailbox or
news gateway instead of your own address.  If you ever need to cancel
(you'll receive mail telling you all this if you add your name, BTW),
the system will use the same rules to locate your address on the list
for deletion.  Oh, yeah - send this message to

    UUG-dist-request@Transact.COM

You're welcome to join us.  And you should be aware that Unify DOES both
monitor and participate in the list.  Several people, actually.  It's
been quite useful.
 :                Steven List @ Transact Software, Inc. :^>~                  :
 :           Chairman, Unify User Group of Northern California                :
 :                         itkin@Transact.COM                                 :