[comp.databases] Printing query results in SQLFORMS

S1.SRE@isumvs.iastate.edu (Sree) (05/09/91)

Does anyone know how to produce a printout of the results obtained
from an EXEQUERY function in SQLFORMS? We run Oracle 5.1b and
SQLFORMS 2.x. The key assignment for printing does not work for
the IBM PS/2 models. When this question was posed to Oracle, a
year or two ago, they did not have any solutions. I doubt they
have a solution even now! May be some of you have a solution.The
problem exists even in 5.1c.

Sree Nilakanta
s1.sre@isumvs.bitnet

hpp@cbnewsm.att.com (hariharan.p.panamanna) (05/10/91)

In article <1991May8.180418.14287@news.iastate.edu>, S1.SRE@isumvs.iastate.edu (Sree) writes:
> Does anyone know how to produce a printout of the results obtained
> from an EXEQUERY function in SQLFORMS? We run Oracle 5.1b and
> SQLFORMS 2.x. The key assignment for printing does not work for
> the IBM PS/2 models. When this question was posed to Oracle, a
> year or two ago, they did not have any solutions. I doubt they
> have a solution even now! May be some of you have a solution.The
> problem exists even in 5.1c.

	You can redefine the KEY-PRINT to  HOST call a sql script
which will fetch those records, which are displayed on the form.
You can direct the outout to the printer or to file.
The overhead is writing the SQL script.

Hari
cbnewsm!att!com!hpp