[comp.databases] CLIPPER 5.0 function NEEDED

rvdv@ktibv.uucp (Richard van der Veen) (05/13/91)

Hi there,

I'm looking for a function in CLIPPER 5.0 that checks whether a directory exists
or not (It doesn't matter if there are files in it or not).

I've tried the following lines:

.
.
.
ACCEPT "Directory name : " TO mDirectory
? FILE(TRIM(mDirectory)+"\NUL")
.
.

But this always prints .T. (If I remember correctly, this DID work in the
Summer '87 version)

Can somebody give me a hint on how to solve this, even a RTFM hint.

Thanks,

Richard

 ______              _      __       / Richard v.d. Veen                     /
|  __  \          _ | |    / /      / Voice: +31-(0)79-531624               /
| |__| | _   _   | || |   / /  ____/ E-mail: .....hp4nl!ktibv!rvdv     ____/
|  _  _/| | / /__| || |  / /  /                                       /
| | \ \ | |/ /| __ || |_/ /  /  Me, I'm just a lawnmower,            /
|_|  \_\|___/ |____||____/  /  You can tell me by the way I walk.   /
KTI BV, P.O. Box 86, 2700 AB  Zoetermeer, The Netherlands         /

tleylan@pegasus.com (Tom Leylan) (05/16/91)

In article <1991May13.122331.6373@ktibv.uucp> rvdv@ktibv.uucp (Richard van der Veen) writes:
>Hi there,
>
>I'm looking for a function in CLIPPER 5.0 that checks whether a directory exists
>or not (It doesn't matter if there are files in it or not).
>
>Can somebody give me a hint on how to solve this, even a RTFM hint.

Richard,

Check out the DIRECTORY() function on page 5-61, ADIR() could be used but
DIRECTORY() supercedes it and is the preferred method.

tom