[comp.databases] data base comparisions

dennisg@kgw2.XETRON.COM (Dennis Glatting) (05/16/91)

we are working on a proposal that will require databases
of gigabyte sizes.  we are looking at the following
databases: oracle, sybase, ingres, and informix.

we have some experiance with sybase.  i understand
than oracle has a financial problem (or had).

what i'm looking for is articles that reveiew and compare
these data bases.  pointers please.

max@gupta.portal.com (Max Rochlin) (05/20/91)

In article <2170@kgw2.XETRON.COM> dennisg@kgw2.XETRON.COM (Dennis Glatting) writes:
>what i'm looking for is articles that reveiew and compare
>these data bases.  pointers please.

	You might want to try the "Reader's Guide to Periodic Literature"
	found in most public libraries.  There's also an "on-line" version
	updated monthly on CD-ROM at most larger libraries as well.

  |     max@gupta.com      |     Max J. Rochlin     |   decwrl!madmax!max  |
  |      Work Hard         |        Play Hard       |       Stay Hard      |