[comp.databases] INFORMIX - the help message don't disappear

schulz@rhrk.uni-kl.de (Christian Schulz [MW]) (05/22/91)

Hello,

we are looking for somebody having experiences with Informix4gl. The problem we have is the
following:

to specify a menu entry we have used the following statement
   COMMAND "ADD" "ADD a new user" HELP 123
this really works fine but after invoking the HELP-message this message don't disappear from
the screen even if we correctly leave the HELP-section via RESUME.
The HELP-message become instead a part of the screen below the menuline.

There must be a sufficent solution because the original Informix-4GL don't have this behavior
and it seems that it uses the same procedure.

Please send your answers to the following e-mail adress. Thanks in advance,

Bernd.

(e-mail: schulz@rhrk.uni-kl.de)

das@trac2000.ueci.com (David Snyder) (05/23/91)

In article <1991May22.152643.27444@rhrk.uni-kl.de>, schulz@rhrk.uni-kl.de (Christian Schulz [MW]) writes:
> to specify a menu entry we have used the following statement
>    COMMAND "ADD" "ADD a new user" HELP 123
> this really works fine but after invoking the HELP-message this message don't disappear from
> the screen even if we correctly leave the HELP-section via RESUME.
> The HELP-message become instead a part of the screen below the menuline.

The problem is that you have text in column 80 of one or more lines in
your form.  For some strange reason HELP leaves its remains at random places
when there is text in column 80 ANYWHERE on the screen.  If you look at the
screens Informix uses... all of them have column 80 unused.

BTW, since you are using Informix-4GL, have you managed to get a copy of my
Public Domain 4GL code generator?  If you would like a copy of "db4glgen",
send me mail and I'll give you instructions to get the code generator and
about a dozen other useful Informix utilities.

DAS
--
David A. Snyder @ UE&C - Catalytic in Philadelphia, PA

UUCP:  ..!uunet!trac2000!das     INTERNET:  das@trac2000.ueci.com