[comp.databases] How Does Clipper 5.0 Handle Array?

hanj@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu (Jining Han) (06/02/91)

Hi,

     I am just beginning to program in Clipper 5.0, and I am
having problem using array.

     In FoxBases, you can use SCATTER and GATHER for array
operation, but I look through Tom Tettig's Clipper Encyclopedia
and can not find anything other than AFILL(), which does not
seem to be what I want.  In DBaseIV, if I remember correctly,
one can at least use CopyToArray to fill an array with a record
information and AppendFromArray to save an array into a record,
so I must have missed something.  Any help is most appreciated.

Jining Han		     	|		  Indiana University

tleylan@pegasus.com (Tom Leylan) (06/05/91)

In article <1991Jun2.034128.27603@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu> hanj@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu (Jining Han) writes:
>Hi,
>
>     I am just beginning to program in Clipper 5.0, and I am
>having problem using array.
>
>     In FoxBases, you can use SCATTER and GATHER for array
>operation, but I look through Tom Tettig's Clipper Encyclopedia
>and can not find anything other than AFILL(), which does not
>seem to be what I want.  In DBaseIV, if I remember correctly,
>one can at least use CopyToArray to fill an array with a record
>information and AppendFromArray to save an array into a record,
>so I must have missed something.  Any help is most appreciated.

Jining, You sent me a mail message and I sent you the code back if you
haven't received it let me know and I can post it here.  It is a trivial
task with Clipper 5.0 and doesn't warrant inclusion in a computer
language.

tom