[comp.databases] SQL standard

cronau@exunido.UUCP (05/18/87)

In December 1986 ANSI puplished its standard of SQL. Does anybody know
where I can get a copy of it from? If you already have a copy or an
address from somebody where I can get it, I would be thankful if you
send or e-mail it to me.

Are there any differences between the ANSI- standard and other
"standards" (by ISO, X/OPEN,...)?

Thanks in advance,

Juergen Cronau

post address:                            e-mail:

   Juergen Cronau                           cronau@exunido.uucp
   University of Dortmund
   LS Informatik VI
   August-Schmidt-Str. 12
   4600 Dortmund 50
   W-Germany

billc@blia.BLI.COM (Bill Coffin) (05/22/87)

In article <116600001@exunido.UUCP>, cronau@exunido.UUCP writes:

> In December 1986 ANSI puplished its standard of SQL. Does anybody know
> where I can get a copy of it from? [ ... ]

You can get a copy from ANSI ("American National Standards Institute").
I think copies cost $35 apiece, but you'd better phone to make
sure.  ANSI is at:

	American National Standards Instute
	1430 Broadway
	New York, NY 10018
	USA

	(212) 354-3300

The document number is X3.135-1986.

> Are there any differences between the ANSI- standard and other
> "standards" (by ISO, X/OPEN,...)?

I don't know of any SQL standards from these organizations.  Anybody
else out there know of these?
--
W.H.Coffin.  billc@blia.BLI.COM
 Or, if you really like source routing, try ucbvax!{mtxinu|ucsfcgl}!blia!billc
 >> the usual disclaimer about my employer and my wretched opinions. <<
 >> the usual witticisms that swell netnews to ridiculous proportions. <<

njacobs@kong.gsfc.nasa.gov (Nick Jacobs - EOS) (05/24/91)

Can someone please give me a reference which has the text of the
ANSI standard for SQL?

Nick

cole@farmhand.rtp.dg.com (Bill Cole) (05/25/91)

Nick Jacobs writes:
|> Can someone please give me a reference which has the text of the
|> ANSI standard for SQL?

The American National Standards Institute can supply just what you're
looking for.

/Bill

mike@odgate.odesta.com (Mike J. Kelly) (05/29/91)

Nick Jacobs - EOS writes:
>Can someone please give me a reference which has the text of the
>ANSI standard for SQL?

American National Standards Institute: Database Langauge SQL, Document
ANSI X3.135-1986.  Also availabel as International Standards
Organization Document ISO/TC97/SC21/WG3 N117.

A good companion is
Date, C.J.  "A Guide to the SQL Standard", Addison-Wesley: 1987.

Mike Kelly               Odesta Corporation, Northbrook, Illinois, USA
...!clout!odgate!mike    - Until odesta.com is registered.
odgate!mike@clout.uucp   - From the Internet.

dlm@hermes.dlogics.com (05/29/91)

In article <1991May24.112901.21460@kong.gsfc.nasa.gov>, njacobs@kong.gsfc.nasa.gov (Nick Jacobs - EOS) writes:
> Can someone please give me a reference which has the text of the
> ANSI standard for SQL?
>
> Nick

The SQL standard is ANSI X3.135, and the organization is:

Amer. Natl. Standards Inst.
1430 Broadway
NYC, NY 10018

--
Dave Mausner, Sr Tech Consultant / Datalogics Inc / Chicago IL / 312-266-4450
                        dlm@hermes.dlogics.com

chap@art-sy.detroit.mi.us (j chapman flack) (06/05/91)

>> Can someone please give me a reference which has the text of the
>> ANSI standard for SQL?
>The SQL standard is ANSI X3.135, and the organization is:

Also, your friendly neighborhood public library may have all the ANSI
standards for your reading pleasure.  Ours does.
--
Chap Flack                         Their tanks will rust.  Our songs will last.
chap@art-sy.detroit.mi.us                                    -MIKHS 0EODWPAKHS

Nothing I say represents Appropriate Roles for Technology unless I say it does.