[comp.databases] I need to hear from GemStone users!

mark@hermesa.uucp (Mark McWiggins) (06/12/91)

We just had the Servio people (GemStone OODBMS) in for a demo, and
I was a lot more impressed than I had expected ...

But then that was a marketing demo; any Real Users out there?  Please
e-mail me and tell me what you're doing with GemStone and how you like
it!  We're looking for a DBMS solution to be embedded in a critical
application (electric utility management).

Thanks in advance.
--
Mark McWiggins
...uw-beaver!amc-gw!hermesa!mark (until it's in the maps)

malcolm@epcc.ed.ac.uk (M D Brown) (06/14/91)

In article <1991Jun12.065619.18708@hermesa.uucp>, mark@hermesa.uucp (Mark McWiggins) writes:
> We just had the Servio people (GemStone OODBMS) in for a demo, and
> I was a lot more impressed than I had expected ...

We are about to buy an OODBMS for use in a course for undergraduates.  The O2 system seems to be the most likely choice.

However, I'd like to hear from users of other OODBMSs if they think the other systems, such as Gemstone or Ontos, are better.

thanks,
	malcolm

Malcolm Brown : malcolm@epcc.edinburgh.ac.uk
Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre