[comp.databases] operator access to SQL*FORMS 2.3

angel@modcomp.uucp (Pam Angel) (06/22/91)

I regret that this appears to be a very basic  question, but I
am fairly new to the ORACLE world, and cannot find the resolution
to my question in any of the MASS of documentation.

As one user, I have create 2 tables and a form which accesses them.
As that user the form works. Using SQL*PLUS and the 'Grant all privileges '
command, I have given a second user access to all tables; and  can  verify
access via SQL*PLUS.  However, if the second user attempts to run the
form and query the database,  I the message:
ORACLE error occurred while trying to perform query.

Comparable messages occur if I attempt to update.

I've obvously missed the boat on some table that needs to be updated,
but I cannot find any reference.

(I'm using a system V based platform, not that it should matter.)

Any good Oracle book references would also be appreciated.

Much thanks.

Please respond to me at uunet:   modcomp!glsdev!angel

elaps@lut.ac.uk (Alan Schwarzenberger) (06/24/91)

In <angel.677525013@glsdev> angel@modcomp.uucp (Pam Angel) writes:

>As one user, I have create 2 tables and a form which accesses them.
>As that user the form works. Using SQL*PLUS and the 'Grant all privileges '
>command, I have given a second user access to all tables; and  can  verify
>access via SQL*PLUS.  However, if the second user attempts to run the
>form and query the database,  I the message:
>ORACLE error occurred while trying to perform query.

I assume that you are accessing the table as TABLENAME rather than
USER.TABLENAME  - for example if OPS$FRED owns the tables, OPS$JOE has
to access them as OPS$FRED.TABLENAME

Alan Schwarzenberger    tel +44 509 222849     A.P.Schwarzenberger@lut.ac.uk
International Electronics Reliability Institute, Loughborough University, UK