[comp.databases] Documentor for CLIPPER

parkere@ul.ie (06/25/91)

Hi,
	Could anyone inform me if a package similar to SNAP ( documentator
for dBase ) exists for CLIPPER !

	What is the latest version number for SNAP ?

Any info on the above, ASAP, is thanked in advance.

Ernie Parker.
University of Limerick, Ireland

EMail : PARKERE@UL.IE

plipp@iaik.tu-graz.ac.at (Peter Lipp) (06/26/91)

SNAP is able to document Clipper Sources as well. I used it an I was very
satisfied. As I do not have the latest version, I can't tell the number now.
Mine is from Summer 1990.

Peter Lipp, Technische Universitaet Graz, Austria

tleylan@pegasus.com (Tom Leylan) (06/27/91)

In article <17766.286737d6@ul.ie> parkere@ul.ie writes:
>Hi,
>	Could anyone inform me if a package similar to SNAP ( documentator
>for dBase ) exists for CLIPPER !
>
>	What is the latest version number for SNAP ?

Ernie,

SNAP works fine with Clipper S'87.  Ideally you should use the keyword
file for Clipper instead of the dBASE one.

As far as Clipper 5.0 goes we are out of luck.  There is no version which
recognizes LOCAL and STATIC vars, STATIC functions or any of the preprocessor
directives.  #include would muck it up and I'm pretty certain that #define
constants would be treated within the statistical reports as variables.

I've chatted with Walter Kennamer, the author, about a new release but he
isn't promising anything at the moment.  Walter is in senior management at
Fox Software these days.

The latest version that I am aware of is SNAP 4.02.

tom leylan

kebera@alzabo.ocunix.on.ca (Krishna E. Bera) (06/29/91)

tleylan@pegasus.com (Tom Leylan) writes:
>In article <17766.286737d6@ul.ie> parkere@ul.ie writes:
>>What is the latest version number for SNAP ?
I have 4.02d.
--
Krishna E. Bera
Programmer/Analyst			kebera@alzabo.ocunix.on.ca