[comp.std.internat] I stand corrected

elwell@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (Clayton Elwell) (09/22/87)

...on two points.

1. I hadn't noticed that the discussion about accent marks etc. was going
   to sci.lang as well as comp.std.internat.  I should have edited my
   Newsgroups: line before complaining; sorry about that.

2. My wife pointed out that New Testament Greek did indeed use
   breathing marks, although they were dropped in medieval Greek.
   Even so, accents in European languages using the Roman alphabet are
   derived from abbreviation marks, so far as I have been able to determine.

--
							      Clayton M. Elwell
       The Ohio State University Department of Computer and Information Science