[comp.org.usenix] Winner of plates

mike@hcr.UUCP (Mike Tilson) (06/18/87)

For the information of attendees at the Usenix conference in Phoenix,
the winner of the Thompson/Ritchie commemorative plate set was none
other than Henry Spencer.  I believe Henry has done very well at
Usenix conferences, since he won something from us last year, and I
heard that he once won one of the Lachman CD players.

/Michael Tilson, HCR Corporation, {utzoo,ihnp4,...}!hcr!mike
                                   ^^^^^
                                   So keep that link running, Henry. :-)

jim@otto.COM (Jim Thompson) (06/22/87)

In article <2683@hcr.UUCP> mike@hcr.UUCP (Mike Tilson) writes:
>For the information of attendees at the Usenix conference in Phoenix,
>the winner of the Thompson/Ritchie commemorative plate set was none
>other than Henry Spencer.  I believe Henry has done very well at
>Usenix conferences, since he won something from us last year, and I
>heard that he once won one of the Lachman CD players.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Geez, I think you should just 'hire' Henry off, and let some of us
'mere mortals' have a crack at the stuff.

Henry, how'd you get so lucky?

--
                                    --Jim Thompson
 Las Vegas Sun -- 2551 Green Valley Pky Suite 203-B -- Henderson, Nv. 89015

> Henry, how'd you get so lucky?

Winning the Unix Founding Fathers commemorative plates, as opposed to the
$10M+ grand prize in the 6/49 Lottery the last time I bought a ticket for
it, does not strike me as "lucky".
--
"There is only one spacefaring        Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology
nation on Earth today, comrade."   {allegra,ihnp4,decvax,pyramid}!utzoo!henry

zemon@felix.UUCP (Art Zemon) (06/29/87)

In article <8204@utzoo.UUCP> henry@utzoo.UUCP (Henry Spencer) writes:

>Winning the Unix Founding Fathers commemorative plates, as opposed to the
>$10M+ grand prize in the 6/49 Lottery the last time I bought a ticket for
>it, does not strike me as "lucky".

The reason you didn't win is because, unlike the creatures
who DO win, you do not spend at least 35% of your net income
on lottery tickets.  To increase you chances you should also
spend the money you budgetted for frivolities like food, car
insurance, the rent (not a mortgage!  heaven forbid), and
your child support payments.  Do not, under any
circumstances, spend the money you got from selling your
food stamps on the black market so you could buy whiskey.

My sarcasm runneth over,
--
	-- Art Zemon
	   FileNet Corporation