[comp.org.usenix] T-shirts and etc

ins_ajbh@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (JABBA) (02/13/89)

	It would be nice if USENIX could run off a batch of NO ADA
t-shirts (you know, the blue ones with the picture on the front).

It would also be nice to have soda in the morning instead of the
disgusting coffee-like liquid usually available. Kudos to the vendors
for a well coordinated (intentional or not) Thursday night hospitality
suite gauntlet.

--

jim

"Work is the Curse of the Drinking Class"

ron@ron.rutgers.edu (Ron Natalie) (02/14/89)

I was responsible for the No-Ada shirts.  I am little interested in doing
what I did before (hawking them in the hallways at the Portland USENIX).
If there is interest, or if USENIX would like to get the screens for their
I'd be glad to accommodate people.

-Ron

chris@softway.oz (Chris Maltby) (02/16/89)

In article <726@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU> ins_ajbh@jhunix.UUCP (JABBA) writes:
> It would also be nice to have soda in the morning instead of the
> disgusting coffee-like liquid usually available. Kudos to the vendors
> for a well coordinated (intentional or not) Thursday night hospitality
> suite gauntlet.

This is a worldwide problem. Hotel "coffee" is always horrible. To
make things worse, the tea is just as bad. What USENIX needs is what
the AUUG managed at our last conference, an exhibitor set up a gelato
stand. The hotel were so annoyed (speculation only) that they turned
off the power to the freezer overnight!
--
Chris Maltby - Softway Pty Ltd	(chris@softway.oz)

PHONE:	+61-2-698-2322		UUCP:		uunet!softway.oz!chris
FAX:	+61-2-699-9174		INTERNET:	chris@softway.oz.au