[comp.org.usenix] What's in Austin?

ereed@leadsv.UUCP (Ed Reed) (08/21/89)

Been thinking of taking a vacation after the large system administrative
conferance in Austin Texas in September.

Even though I have a ton of maps from Baja to Alaska, I found that not one
of them is of the east coast (anything east the Rockies).

Does anyone know of local sites to see while in that area of Texas?

Ed
leadsv!ereed

fletcher@cs.utexas.edu (Fletcher Mattox) (08/21/89)

In article <7433@leadsv.UUCP> ereed@leadsv.UUCP (Ed Reed) writes:
>Does anyone know of local sites to see while in that area of Texas?

My favorite is cs.utexas.edu, though many claim it was more
interesting before its name change last year.

Oh, sightseeing?  Nevermind.  Usually folks point at Barton Springs, the
Hill Country, and the Highland Lakes.  Antone's has good blues.

Fletcher

jjhnsn@linus.SLCS.SLB.COM (James Lee Johnson) (08/26/89)

> From: ereed@leadsv.UUCP (Ed Reed)

> Been thinking of taking a vacation after the large system administrative
> conference in Austin Texas in September.

Here are some 800 numbers for others who will attend the
USENIX Workshop in Austin.

Austin Convention Center and Visitor's Bureau, 1-800-8888AUS
They also suggested calling 1-800-8888TEX

The Austin C of C publishes "Kaleidoscope, The Guide to Austin"
and other magazines.  1-800-8885093

If anyone has specific questions or interests, I'll try to help.

   jj
--
James Lee Johnson                        Internet:  jjhnsn@slcs.slb.com
Austin, Texas 78735                      UUCP:      cs.utexas.edu!jjhnsn