[comp.org.usenix] trading tutorials

george@jones.cis.ohio-state.edu (George M. Jones) (12/07/89)

If I get admitted to my second choice of tutorials for a particular
day and a friend gets admitted to my first choice and we are willing
to exchange entrance tickets is there anything preventing us from
doing so ?  i.e. are names printed on tickets and checked against IDs
at the door ?  Would it matter if one of the tickets were full paying
and the other was at student prices ?

Curious,
---George
-=-
OSU Computer & Inf. Science 2036 Neil Ave.,Columbus,Ohio 43210. 614-292-7325
george@cis.ohio-state.edu or ...!osu-cis!george
The optimist believes that we live in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears that this is so.

ellie@usenix.UUCP (Ellie Young) (12/07/89)

In article <GEORGE.89Dec6115251@jones.cis.ohio-state.edu>, george@jones.cis.ohio-state.edu (George M. Jones) writes:
> If I get admitted to my second choice of tutorials for a particular
> day and a friend gets admitted to my first choice and we are willing
> to exchange entrance tickets is there anything preventing us from
> doing so ?  i.e. are names printed on tickets and checked against IDs
> at the door ?  Would it matter if one of the tickets were full paying
> and the other was at student prices ?
>
> Curious,
> ---George

Dear Curious,
  There is nothing to prevent you  from exchanging entrance
tickets to the USENIX tutorials with other ticket holders,
since we do not check photo ID's at the door.

Ellie Young,
Executive Director, USENIX