[comp.org.usenix] Educational Membership Question

rr@chmsr (Richard Robison) (12/12/89)

How does the Usenix Educational membership work?  Does the $125 cover one
person, one department, or the entire University?  Do we still get 'login',
etc?  Thanks.

-Richard
Richard Robison

Computer Coordinator, ISyE

UUCP:	rr@chmsr.UUCP
        {backbones}!gatech!chmsr!rr
INTERNET:	rr@chmsr.gatech.edu

ellie@usenix.UUCP (Ellie Young) (12/12/89)

In article <4292@hydra.gatech.EDU>, rr@chmsr (Richard Robison) writes:
> How does the Usenix Educational membership work?  Does the $125 cover one
> person, one department, or the entire University?  Do we still get 'login',
> etc?  Thanks.
>
> -Richard
> Richard Robison
>
> Computer Coordinator, ISyE
>
> UUCP:	rr@chmsr.UUCP
>         {backbones}!gatech!chmsr!rr
> INTERNET:	rr@chmsr.gatech.edu

Dear Richard:
Educational membership is open to accredited educational
institutions.  Corporate and Educational members receive all
the services available to individual members, plus additional
services which may require UNIX license verification, such
as receiving Software Distribution Tapes containing material
subject to non-disclosure license restrictions, or sending
representatives to tutorials or workshops where these
restrictions apply.  Corporate and Educational members must provide
the Association with copies of their UNIX licenses and must
sign a Tape Release form to take advance of license-required
services.  In 1990, these members will receive a subscription
to all conference and workshop proceedings published during
the term of their membership.

Each educational institution/department who wishes to join the
Association designates a representative. One larger university
might have several 'departments' as members, since each
may want to receive the services (newsletter, journal, proceedings,
tapes, etc.).

If you'd like more detailed information or a membership
packet, please contact the Association's executive office
(office@usenix.org)