[comp.org.usenix] Anyone willing to do a Name Server BOF?

ehrlich@cs.psu.edu (Daniel Ehrlich) (12/20/89)

Would some kind Name Server Guru be willing to do a BOF at the Winter
USENIX?

--
Dan Ehrlich <ehrlich@cs.psu.edu>
Quote of the month:

karl@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (Karl Kleinpaste) (12/20/89)

ehrlich@cs.psu.edu writes:
   Would some kind Name Server Guru be willing to do a BOF at the Winter
   USENIX?

I'm almost afraid to ask:  What would you intend to discuss at such a
BOF?  No, I'm not asking the question facetiously.  Swap favors for
secondary backup?  Argue over the complexity of named zone files and
the difficulty in selecting suitable SOA time values?  Tell horror
stories of the time you left out the trailing `.' from your
in-addr.arpa files?  All of the above?  None of the above?

bruno@sdcc10.ucsd.edu (Bruce W. Mohler) (12/20/89)

In article <KARL.89Dec19165649@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> karl@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (Karl Kleinpaste) writes:
 > ehrlich@cs.psu.edu writes:
 >    Would some kind Name Server Guru be willing to do a BOF at the Winter
 >    USENIX?
 >
 > I'm almost afraid to ask:  What would you intend to discuss at such a
 > BOF?  No, I'm not asking the question facetiously.  Swap favors for
 > secondary backup?  Argue over the complexity of named zone files and
 > the difficulty in selecting suitable SOA time values?  Tell horror
 > stories of the time you left out the trailing `.' from your
 > in-addr.arpa files?  All of the above?  None of the above?

Then how about a tutorial?

--
Bruce W. Mohler
Systems Programmer (aka Staff Analyst)

ehrlich@cs.psu.edu (Daniel Ehrlich) (12/21/89)

In article <KARL.89Dec19165649@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> karl@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (Karl Kleinpaste) writes:

Karl> ehrlich@cs.psu.edu writes:
Karl>    Would some kind Name Server Guru be willing to do a BOF at the Winter
Karl>    USENIX?

Karl> I'm almost afraid to ask:  What would you intend to discuss at such a
Karl> BOF?  No, I'm not asking the question facetiously.  Swap favors for
Karl> secondary backup?  Argue over the complexity of named zone files and
Karl> the difficulty in selecting suitable SOA time values?  Tell horror
Karl> stories of the time you left out the trailing `.' from your
Karl> in-addr.arpa files?  All of the above?  None of the above?

How about something that delves into the depths of BIND?  I have been
beating my head against the wall the last week or so, and I am sure what I
am trying to do is intuitively obvious to a guru.  Plus all of the topics
you have listed. ;-)