[comp.org.usenix] Keynote Speech at Usenix

pat@grebyn.com (Pat Bahn) (02/02/90)

Hi  I was wondering if anyone has a copy (audio or video tape)
of the keynote speech.  Hard copy would do also.  I missed
it and would really like to hear it.  I know other people are
interested also.  If you know of anyone who has recorded it, I'd
be most grateful.

thanks

Pat @ grebyn.com  | If the human mind was simple enough to understand,
301-948-8142      | We'd be too simple to understand it.

rex@nbc1.UUCP (Rex Espiritu) (02/09/90)

In article <19323@grebyn.com> pat@grebyn.UUCP (Pat Bahn) writes:
>Hi  I was wondering if anyone has a copy (audio or video tape)
>of the keynote speech.  Hard copy would do also.  I missed

	I was wondering the same thing myself.  I'd also appreciate
a copy of the speech, if possible.
	Thanks in advance,
Rex
--
M. Rex Espiritu, Jr.                         NBC News, A Division of
rex@nbc1.ge.com                              National Broadcasting Company, Inc.

dvk@sei.cmu.edu (Daniel Klein) (02/14/90)

Alas, there is no video tape of the keynote speech.  When I did my last
minute check of the rooms, I saw the video cameras, and assumed that there
would be recorders connected to them.  Unfortunately, the video feed only
went to the alternate seating areas, and not onto tape.  There is a paper
from which Jim based his address, but I think it is a bit too long and too
dry.

However, I am working with Jim Tomayko to see if he has a tape of his talk,
or if he will be willing to tape it if he gives it again to a different
audience.  I'll followup in a week or so with the information I find.

					-Dan Klein
					(ex) Chair, D.C. '90
--
"The only thing that separates us from the animals is superstition