[comp.org.usenix] Texas Humor? From recent issue of _UNIX TODAY_ - offensive to Anyone named "Billy-Bob"

lenny@icus.ICUS.COM (Lenny Tropiano) (08/21/90)

Va gur erprag vffhr bs _HAVK GBQNL_ zntnmvar, Zvgpu Jntare'f negvpyr,
"JVA N JRRXRAQ VA HGNU" fnvq [rkprecgf vapyhqrq bayl...]

   Gur HFRAVK Nffbpvngvba nccneragyl ybirf vgf zrzoref fb zhpu gung vg
   vf tbvat gb fraq gjb bs gurz gb Hgnu.

   Serr.

   [...]
   Gur pbagrfg vf pnyyrq "Jrveqavk," naq vg qrsvrf HFRAVK zrzoref gb
   "svaq gur orfg arj naq grpuavpnyyl yrtny vagrecergngvba bs gur CBFVK
   fgnaqneq juvpu arireguryrff ivbyngrf gur vaghvgvir vagrag bs gur CBFVK
   fgnaqneq."

   [...]
   Gur jvaare jvyy or naabhaprq ng gur Jvagre HFRAVK zrrgvat va Qnyynf,
   Wna 21-25.

   Grknf.  Abj gurer'f n fgngr.  Uhzvqvgl fb guvpx gurer va gur fhzzre lbh
   arrq n fphon gnax whfg gb jnyx nebhaq.  Ohtf fb ovt gurl unir gb or
   ertvfgrerq jvgu gur fgngr Qrcnegzrag bs Zbgbe Iruvpyrf.  Thlf anzrq
   "Ovyyl-Obo" puhtnyhttvat Pbbef naq fubbgvat ng fdhveeryf jvgu fubgthaf
   sebz yrff guna n sbbg njnl ("Ybbx, Znj!  Vg'f nyernql unzohetre!"). Grknf.

[V thrff Grknf vfa'g gung onq!!  Guerr bs zl sevraqf nyernql yvir gurer, naq V
 ybbxvat gb zbir gurer zlfrys!!] :-)

-Y.
--
| Lenny Tropiano           ICUS Software Systems        lenny@icus.ICUS.COM |
| {ames,pacbell,decuac,sbcs,hombre,rayssd}!icus!lenny   attmail!icus!lenny  |

hoyt@laura.alf.dec.com (Kurt Hoyt) (08/21/90)

>    Texas.  Now there's a state....Guys named
>    "Billy-Bob" chugalugging Coors and shooting at squirrels with shotguns
>    from less than a foot away ("Look, Maw!  It's already hamburger!"). Texas.

I would have thought that Texans named "Billy-Bob" would be chugalugging
Lone Star instead of Coors....
..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..
Kurt in Atlanta             "More than 4 billion chickens in America
hoyt@decatl.alf.dec.com      each year do not have a single happy moment
hoyt@laura.alf.dec.com       in their lives." -- PETA News

prewitt@convex.com (Mike Prewitt) (08/22/90)

In article <1990Aug21.150309.7181@decatl.dec.com> hoyt@laura.alf.dec.com (Kurt Hoyt) writes:
>In article <1254@icus.ICUS.COM>, lenny@icus.ICUS.COM (Lenny Tropiano) writes:
>
>>    Texas.  Now there's a state....Guys named
>>    "Billy-Bob" chugalugging Coors and shooting at squirrels with shotguns
>>    from less than a foot away ("Look, Maw!  It's already hamburger!"). Texas.
>>
>I would have thought that Texans named "Billy-Bob" would be chugalugging
>Lone Star instead of Coors....
>..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..
>Kurt in Atlanta             "More than 4 billion chickens in America
>hoyt@decatl.alf.dec.com      each year do not have a single happy moment
>hoyt@laura.alf.dec.com       in their lives." -- PETA News

	Last year, the big thing was actor ( and Dennis Quade's brother )
	Randy Quade having the Biggest Party in Texas, which by the way is
	sponsored by Miller Light.

	This years theme is having everyone come back because last year,
	Randy forgot to take the picture.  ( Awwwwwwww )

	Between these comercials and the Texas Govenor's race, I am getting
	sick.... ( The Texas Gov's race has been nationally noted as being
	very big in Mud Slinging, and character bashing )

	I don't live in Texas, I just work here....

Michael Prewitt                Software Test Design Engineer

Convex Computer Corperation       prewitt@convex.com

drxmann@walt.cc.utexas.edu (Dustin Christmann) (08/22/90)

In article <1990Aug21.150309.7181@decatl.dec.com> hoyt@laura.alf.dec.com (Kurt Hoyt) writes:
>In article <1254@icus.ICUS.COM>, lenny@icus.ICUS.COM (Lenny Tropiano) writes:
>
>>    Texas.  Now there's a state....Guys named
>>    "Billy-Bob" chugalugging Coors and shooting at squirrels with shotguns
>>    from less than a foot away ("Look, Maw!  It's already hamburger!"). Texas.
>>
>I would have thought that Texans named "Billy-Bob" would be chugalugging
>Lone Star instead of Coors....

A _real_ Texan speaks out:

1. It's "Billy Bob," not "Billy-Bob."

2. We drink Shiner Bock, the best beer brewed in America, not Lone Star or
   Coors.

BTW, it's been my general impression that the ones who drink Lone Star are the
transient Yankees and Aggies.

Just thought y'all'd like to know.

Thanx,
Dustin Christmann

Internet:	drxmann@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Bitnet:		drxmann@utxvm
UUCP:		...!ut-emx!ccwf.cc.utexas.edu!drxmann
"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot, but don't let that fool you.
 He is an idiot."	-Groucho Marx

tif@doorstop.austin.ibm.com (Paul Chamberlain) (08/22/90)

In article <1990Aug21.150309.7181@decatl.dec.com> hoyt@laura.alf.dec.com (Kurt Hoyt) writes:
>In article <1254@icus.ICUS.COM>, lenny@icus.ICUS.COM (Lenny Tropiano) writes:
>
>>    Texas.  Now there's a state....Guys named
>>    "Billy-Bob" chugalugging Coors and shooting at squirrels with shotguns
>>    from less than a foot away ("Look, Maw!  It's already hamburger!"). Texas.
>>
>I would have thought that Texans named "Billy-Bob" would be chugalugging
>Lone Star instead of Coors....

The only people that drink Lone Star are those that live outside of Texas.

Paul Chamberlain | I do NOT represent IBM         tif@doorstop, sc30661@ausvm6
512/838-7008     | ...!cs.utexas.edu!ibmaus!auschs!doorstop.austin.ibm.com!tif

smithg@d.cs.okstate.edu (Smith Gary Wayne) (08/23/90)

In article <36570@ut-emx.UUCP> drxmann@walt.cc.utexas.edu (Dustin Christmann) writes:
>In article <1990Aug21.150309.7181@decatl.dec.com> hoyt@laura.alf.dec.com (Kurt Hoyt) writes:
>>In article <1254@icus.ICUS.COM>, lenny@icus.ICUS.COM (Lenny Tropiano) writes:
>>
>>>    Texas.  Now there's a state....Guys named
>>>    "Billy-Bob" chugalugging Coors and shooting at squirrels with shotguns
>>>    from less than a foot away ("Look, Maw!  It's already hamburger!"). Texas.
>>>
>>I would have thought that Texans named "Billy-Bob" would be chugalugging
>>Lone Star instead of Coors....
>
>A _real_ Texan speaks out:
>
>1. It's "Billy Bob," not "Billy-Bob."
>
>2. We drink Shiner Bock, the best beer brewed in America, not Lone Star or
>   Coors.
>
>BTW, it's been my general impression that the ones who drink Lone Star are the
>transient Yankees and Aggies.

A _real_ Aggie speaks out:

  1. Aggies drink Pearl. (not really - Shiner Bock is one of my favs also)

  2. Billy Bob Burnett (of Billy Bob's Fame) is an Aggie.  Prior to opening
     Billy Bob's, he ran the Miller distributorship in Fort Worthless.
     He probably drinks Lite.

  3. It is my general impression that the only ones to drink Lone Star are
     the transient yankees and giant armadillos.

  4. Lone Star, The National Beer of Texas, mmm, mmmm good !!!!

Bonus Aggie Joke:

  Did you hear about the Aggie that moved to Lousiana and raised the
  I.Q. of both states :-)

Super Bonus yankee joke:

  Beautify Texas: put a yankee on a bus

Gary                        Born in Oklahoma, Raised in Texas, Aggie in Both

zombie@uucp (Mike York) (08/25/90)

In article <36570@ut-emx.UUCP> drxmann@walt.cc.utexas.edu (Dustin Christmann) writes:

>2. We drink Shiner Bock, the best beer brewed in America, not Lone Star or
>   Coors.

While at SIGGRAPH in Dallas a couple of weeks ago we ate at Riscky's (sp?)
in the West End.  Shiner Bock was listed as an import.  Even had an import
price.  Is Texas so big, that they charge import prices if something is
brought in from another county?  ;^)

By the way, Shiner Bock is good, but probably does not deserve to be called
the "best beer brewed in America."  May I suggest a trip to the Great
Northwest, where the truly great beers in America are brewed.  ;^)/2

--

    Mike York                            |  "I want to embrace you, but
    Boeing Computer Services             |   first, I have to satisfy

ronsen@acsu.buffalo.edu (jeremy c ronsen) (08/27/90)

	Y'all forgot about hunting parriedogs with semi-automatic
assult weapons and moving speedbumps.

	And keep in mind, Texans drink any damn thing they we want to,
just as long as we can buy it by the case.

	Let speaking dogs lie.

--
			Bubba th' Barbarian
	The only Texan, Vegetarian Barbarian East of the Pecos