[comp.org.usenix] BOFs at LISA?

gamiddle@maytag.waterloo.edu (Guy Middleton) (10/10/90)

Are there going to be any BOF sessions at LISA?  If there are, does anybody
have a list of them yet?

kcs@houdini.cc.purdue.edu (Kevin C. Smallwood) (10/11/90)

In article <1990Oct10.160248.8007@maytag.waterloo.edu> gamiddle@maytag.waterloo.edu (Guy Middleton) writes:
>Are there going to be any BOF sessions at LISA?  If there are, does anybody
>have a list of them yet?

Yes, I have two BOFs scheduled for Wednesday night, so far.

	Tom Christiansen of Convex Computers is holding a BOF on perl on
	Wednesday evening from 6-8PM (room TBA).

	Eva Kosinsky is holding a BOF on CSNET/CREN on Wednesday night from
	8-10PM (room TBA).

That's it so far.  We have four rooms for BOFs.  We have a total of 12
slots for BOFs (that includes the two I have so far, so 10 more spots
open).  So, there are plenty of opportunities for BOFs!

If you want to hold a BOF at LISA-IV, then either send me mail
(kcs@cc.purdue.edu) immediately, or call me at (317) 494-1787.  I need a
title for your BOF, time slot you would like (we have Wednesday 6-8 and
8-10 (more or less), and Thursday 8-10 (the reception is 6-8!), and if you
require any audio/visual equipment for the BOF.  I will be leaving for
Colorado on Saturday (10/13), so if you don't get me by then, I'll be at
LISA-IV on Wednesday morning.  BTW, last year, I got most of the BOFs *at*
the conference, but it does help if they are scheduled ahead of time.
Thanks for asking.
						Kevin Smallwood