[comp.org.usenix] BOF Sessions

ragarwal@sybil.cs.Buffalo.EDU (Rajesh S. Agarwalla) (11/22/90)

Hi,

I am hopefully going to be attending this conference for the first
time. Hence, I am not sure of what BOF sessions are. Could you please
let me know what they are and if you can, please send me a schedule -
topics - for these sessions.

Thank you
Rajesh

--
Rajesh S. Agarwalla		        | (O): (716) 636-3773
Department of Computer Science          | (R): (716) 833-8009

In article <47326@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> ragarwal@sybil.cs.Buffalo.EDU (Rajesh S. Agarwalla) writes:
>I am hopefully going to be attending this conference for the first
>time. Hence, I am not sure of what BOF sessions are. Could you please
>let me know what they are and if you can, please send me a schedule -
>topics - for these sessions.

Actually, my experience at the past few USENIX conferences has been that
there are almost no BOFs left.  About 80% of the BOF sessions seem to simply
be alternate talks, with speakers, transparencies and prepared talks.
Admittedly, they are less formal than the program sessions, but they are
not quite what one would think of as BOFs.