[comp.org.usenix] D Finding USENIX conference proceedings

Alan.Peery@samba.acs.unc.edu (Alan Peery) (03/20/91)

I'm trying to locate a library (or a person) with a copy of the
following USENIX proceedings:

     Proceedings of USENIX 1985 Summer conference
     1986 Summer USENIX Conference Proceedings
     1987 Summer USENIX Conference Proceedings

If you know of a library, or if you would be willing to copy three articles
for a grad student stuck out in the wilds of Wyoming, send me email
at

     peery@outlaw.uwyo.edu

Thanks.

Alan Peery
Grad student in Computer Science at the University of Wyoming
	Extended Bulletin Board Service, Research & Development
Office of Information Technology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
	      internet: bbs.acs.unc.edu or 128.109.157.30

peter@world.std.com (Peter Salus) (03/20/91)

In article <3024@beguine.UUCP> Alan.Peery@samba.acs.unc.edu (Alan Peery) writes:
>I'm trying to locate a library (or a person) with a copy of the
>following USENIX proceedings:
>
>     Proceedings of USENIX 1985 Summer conference
>     1986 Summer USENIX Conference Proceedings
>     1987 Summer USENIX Conference Proceedings
>
>If you know of a library, or if you would be willing to copy three articles
>for a grad student stuck out in the wilds of Wyoming, send me email
>at
>
>     peery@outlaw.uwyo.edu
>
>Thanks.
>
>Alan Peery
>Grad student in Computer Science at the University of Wyoming

(1) I own all of these.

(2) All of these are available from USENIX.

(3) If individuals/libraries want USENIX pubs, why don't
they ask the Association (office@usenix.org; 415-528-8649)
rather than producing postings like these?

Peter

		Sun User Group, Inc.
		Suite 315
		1330 Beacon Street
		Brookline, MA 02146

		voice: +1 617 232-0514
		fax:   +1 617 232-1347

		Sun User Group, Inc.
		Suite 315

emv@ox.com (Ed Vielmetti) (03/20/91)

In article <1991Mar20.143427.4454@world.std.com> peter@world.std.com (Peter Salus) writes:

   (3) If individuals/libraries want USENIX pubs, why don't
   they ask the Association (office@usenix.org; 415-528-8649)
   rather than producing postings like these?

- because they don't have the address (now they do, thanks)
- because of the goodness and generosity of people on the net
- because a fair # of papers are ftp'able from somewhere, and there
  might be a way to get the documents directly.

--
 Msen	Edward Vielmetti
/|---	moderator, comp.archives