[comp.org.usenix] NNTP BOF Thursday Evening

rsalz@bbn.com (Rich Salz) (05/29/91)

There will be an NNTP BOF at the Nashville Usenix.  This is the third annual
June BOF.  Note that I changed the date at the "last minute" so the printed
program guide lists the BOF as Wednesday.

Topics include:
	NNTPlink status
	NNTP protocol revision
	Status of bit.* [?]
	The INET distribution -- time to go mainline?
If you have any other ideas or topics, drop me a line.

Last time we ended with a celebration of the death of the ARPAnet.  I had
the original NOC (a box with 32 led's and a buzzer) with me, and the
celebration ended with a trip to the bar.  What to celebrate this time?

See you there,
	/rich $alz
--
Please send comp.sources.unix-related mail to rsalz@uunet.uu.net.
Use a domain-based address or give alternate paths, or you may lose out.

bzs@world.std.com (Barry Shein) (05/29/91)

From: rsalz@bbn.com (Rich Salz)
>Last time we ended with a celebration of the death of the ARPAnet.  I had
>the original NOC (a box with 32 led's and a buzzer) with me, and the
>celebration ended with a trip to the bar.  What to celebrate this time?

Rich's wedding?
--
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | bzs@world.std.com          | uunet!world!bzs

pjg@acsu.buffalo.edu (Paul Graham) (05/29/91)

rsalz@bbn.com (Rich Salz) writes:
|Last time we ended with a celebration of the death of the ARPAnet.  I had
|the original NOC (a box with 32 led's and a buzzer) with me, and the
|celebration ended with a trip to the bar.  What to celebrate this time?

perhaps there will be a definitive change in the status of sail.
it (loosely speaking) will celebrate its 25th aniversary on june 7th.
les earnest mentioned last rites and a wake.

--
pjg@acsu.buffalo.edu / rutgers!ub!pjg / pjg@ubvms (Bitnet)
opinions found above are mine unless marked otherwise.