[comp.org.usenix] Transport between Sheraton & Opryland hotels in Nashville

mark@acorn.co.uk (Mark Taunton) (05/30/91)

More by accident than design, I'm booked into the Music City Sheraton
for the conference. There is no scale shown on the map in the
Conference brochure, so I don't have much idea about distance, but I
think someone suggested that it's actually a few miles away from the
Opryland.  I won't have a car in Nashville, and have no knowledge of
public transport there.  Can anyone who knows suggest the best way to
get between the two?

I leave the UK on Thursday 6th, so any replies (email preferred, but
others may benefit from posting) should be sent before then.

Thanks in anticipation.

Mark Taunton				Email: mark@acorn.co.uk
Acorn Computers Ltd			Phone: (+44) 223 214411
Cambridge, UK				Fax:   (+44) 223 214382

nojiri@sdl990.sdl.hitachi.co.jp (Tohru Nojiri) (06/01/91)

In article <7350@acorn.co.uk> mark@acorn.co.uk (Mark Taunton) writes:
> More by accident than design, I'm booked into the Music City Sheraton
> for the conference.

I also made a reservation at this hotel. Until now I think that a
shuttle service is available between Opryland Hotel and this hotel
during USENIX conference. Is it really not available? I also need
this information.

In addition to it, I would like to know about the weather in Nashville
in this season.

Thanks in advance.

---
Tohru Nojiri
Systems Development Laboratory, Hitachi, Ltd.

de5@ornl.gov (Dave Sill) (06/03/91)

In article <3725@sdl990.sdl.hitachi.co.jp>, nojiri@sdl990.sdl.hitachi.co.jp (Tohru Nojiri) writes:

>In addition to it, I would like to know about the weather in Nashville
>in this season.

It's been very hot (80's and 90's fahrenheit) and humid recently.
We've also had above average rainfall, mostly thundershowers.  (I live
about 100 miles west of Nashville.)

--
Dave Sill (de5@ornl.gov)	  It will be a great day when our schools have
Martin Marietta Energy Systems    all the money they need and the Air Force

brian@ucsd.Edu (Brian Kantor) (06/03/91)

The last time I was in Nashville around this season of the year, the
humidity was so high that the walls in my hotel room were sweating, the
sidewalks were flooded with runoff from air conditioners, and the
mosquitos were quite large enough to carry off small pets.

Enjoy.
	- Brian