[comp.org.usenix] Nashville USENIX Golfing.

ritchie@littlie.intel.com (John Ritchie) (05/31/91)

Fellow Golfers,

The Opryland Hotel has a championship golf course on the Hotel grounds.
They sent me some information and it looks like a a fun and
challenging course.

Anyone interested in getting together some evening during the conference
for a round-of-9?

Green fees are $25 for 9 including a golf car.  Club rental is $20.
You can even rent shoes for $8.

I would have posted this to rec.sport.golf, but there isn't one.
Surprised?  I was.  If interested in seeing a rec.sport.golf group
created, please contribute to the discussion in 'new.group'.

#
# John Ritchie                            ritchie@littlei.intel.com
#
# Mail Stop: HF3-64
# Intel Corporation
# 5200 N.E. Elam Young Parkway
# Hillsboro, OR  97124
# (503) 696-2252
#
# DISCLAIMER:
# "Any opinions expressed here are my own and are not necessarily
# representative of or approved by Intel Corporation."
#

In article <1762@gandalf.UUCP> ritchie@littlie.intel.com (John Ritchie) writes:
>The Opryland Hotel has a championship golf course on the Hotel grounds.

Not inside the hotel?  I'm disappointed. :-)
--
"We're thinking about upgrading from    | Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology
SunOS 4.1.1 to SunOS 3.5."              |  henry@zoo.toronto.edu  utzoo!henry

howard@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca (Howard Lem) (05/31/91)

In article <1991May31.034625.681@zoo.toronto.edu> henry@zoo.toronto.edu (Henry Spencer) writes:
>In article <1762@gandalf.UUCP> ritchie@littlie.intel.com (John Ritchie) writes:
>>The Opryland Hotel has a championship golf course on the Hotel grounds.
>
>Not inside the hotel?  I'm disappointed. :-)

Why not start one :-))  First hole is by the registration desk and every
other hole could be a refreshment stop!  That way we could ace every other
hole!
--
      ===============(-: All usual disclaimers go here :-)===============
Email:		howard@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca

geer@crl.dec.com (Dan Geer) (06/06/91)

and now a word (on golf)

	virtual reality indoors
	physical reality outdoors

your program committee thinks of everything...

--dan

composer@chem.bu.edu (Jeff Kellem) (06/10/91)

In article <1991Jun6.124428.20217@crl.dec.com> geer@crl.dec.com (Dan Geer) writes:
   and now a word (on golf)

	   virtual reality indoors
	   physical reality outdoors

..and even...

	an attempt at outdoor physical reality indoors  ;-)

		-jeff

Jeff Kellem
Internet: composer@chem.bu.edu