[comp.org.usenix] fundamental rights???

alden@shape.mps.ohio-state.edu (Dave Alden) (06/30/91)

In article <1991Jun29.032355.28483@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu> shore@theory.TC.Cornell.EDU (Melinda Shore) writes:
>Maybe, maybe not.  I do find it deeply problematic that we will be
>spending a lot of money in a state that is choosing to deprive women
>of some fundamental rights.  Unless things in Louisiana start to
>turn around, I will not participate in any Usenix-sponsored event
>down there.

Please, please, please take this discussion to talk.abortion or alt.flame
and get it out of this newsgroup.  And please don't forget that there are
MANY people who agree with what Louisiana is doing.  It's a real shame when
people get so wrapped up in something that they don't know when to draw
the line anymore.  :-(

...dave

ps  I hope that you reconsider if your only reason for not going is due to
    the location, USENIX conferences are too good to miss.  :-)